LegacyGT.com

8 Months with my Leggy SE: Report

Well yea, 8 Months and 10k miles so far with my Legacy and so far no problems. Knock on wood.

So far, have installed a Perrin pulley, Cobb RSB, and for more minor stuff; took the Legacy off my trunk, and added those rubber mats for my floors.

Slowly but surely adding things here and there.

Things I don't like: That difference in the gap size between the driver and passenger side wheel well. I know some of the other Legacy people have the same problem. This annoys me but I believe the only way to fix it is Coilovers and I'm not about to spend money on that.

Also creaky driver seat. I'm only like 155-160 lbs but I get MAD creaks every time I move around. Kinda embarrassing. Some other things are starting to creak here and there too but I blame NYC roads.

Other than that, I don't have any real complaints. mechanically it has been flawless, first subie and all. handles better than the Accord I had which made me feel older than I am and felt like a boat. (Y are cars getting so big?) I don't know which handles better, my ex-Mazda 3 or this but I think its kinda comparable. AWD eats more gas than I like but power is ok with me, manual tranny makes it feel like a small v6 IMO. Drop to 3rd and ur off on the highway.

I get lots of compliments on my car from my friends although most don't know what it is still. I went to Goodyear one time to see if they had my tire size and the lady looked outside and said, "Is that a Camry?"!!! Man that hurt...

Anyways, longer post than I wanted but so far, overall, very nice car for the price.

Future Mods:

Injen Intake next

Maybe H-tech. Roads suck too much to drop.

Lip spoiler and better tires once mine are done.

I agree with you on most of those points except for creaking. I have no creaking whatsoever anywhere in the car; used to have one near the A piller during the first year I had it but mysteriously it went away. Got lucky I guess. How does the car respond with the pulley and RSB? I'm considering those two as my next mods.

One thing I strongly agree is the wheel gap size between driver and passenger sides. WTF? Now I'm not overweight (6'3", 215lbs) so what the hell is going on? I've seen this 'phenomenon' on new Leggies still on the dealer lot. Hopefully the new iON springs will fix that (Thanks Jack).

The Injen intake is definately worth it, it gives the car a nice deep howl when you're stepping on it. I also find the power very adequate as I don't track the car and I'm not a speed demon as there are too many cops in my area looking around for that. I got the MT so I don't have to deal with power lacking, like you said, just drop it down a couple of gears and you're off passing nicely on the highway.

One thing that you may have noticed if this is your first Subbie is the way our cars take corners because of the boxer engine. When I drove my car off the dealer lot and turned the corner hard, I was amazed at how little the front end raised or tilted! My RSX was notoriously horrible for that, didn't inspire confidence. This is the best handling car I've had so far.

Haven't gotten any Camry remarks yet and the car is debadged.

Hey Aryx,

I agree with you that the car takes corners really well. I didn't realize this when I first got it, took a sharp turn (not fast) and my back wheel went over the curb (very small curb= no damage). Very point and shoot.

Springs would do wonders I think.

From reading others posts, i dont know if Springs alone will take that gap away. I think the only real way is to get coil overs which are expensive. Good luck with the ions though. I want those but NY roads will destroy me.

Prob H-tech or Swifts for me. Something that will suck up bumps and potholes better.

Honestly, i don;t remember how my car felt before the RSB. Got it with like 500 miles but I'm pretty sure it made my turns more stable. Need to check my endlinks though cause I heard a clink sound from the rear today. May be endlinks, or may not be.

Pulley made my rpm rise quicker. Prob gives me a little faster accel and maybe a bit better gas mileage.

overall my gas mileage is around 32 on hwy although I've gotten upwards to like 36 and I avg 25.5 according to my car meter both city and hwy. not too bad I think. Of course driving harder makes it drop to sub 20's but thats only when I feel the need, for speed.

PS: I'll post some pics tomorrow for you Hangar although my car is visually just stock.

Archived