LegacyGT.com

235/40-18 Hankook Ventus rub with pinks?

mad99

I want to get 235/40-18 Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 tires and I have pink springs. Anybody have this combo? I've searched a lot and I'm finding contradictory information. Some people say 235/40-18's should not rub, others say it depends on the tire.

Probably won't rub:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3133498&postcount=884

The official wheel and tire FAQ says might need to roll fenders (in spec.B section):

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=68297&postcount=1

They will be on 18x8 +48 offset wheels.

Do the shocks matter? I have spec.B Bilsteins.

Unless you are running on the track/autox, any one of these tires would be "great" on the street. The Hankook costs $1 more than the highest rank tire. Also, keep in mind, the ding on the highest rank tire was driving in the wet. The ding on the Hankook was traction at the limit. The test was done on a "2011 BMW E92 328i Coupe", which probably outhandles, on the track, all but a very few of the cars in this forum? Perhaps your sights are set a bit high? :-)

TireRack uses those BMWs to test all tires, and they aren't especially high performance cars. My spec B actually comes from the factory with Bridgestone RE050A Max Performance summer tires. While I haven't tracked this car, I do reach the limit of the tires during, ah, sporty driving. So I'm just looking for another Max Performance tire, not aiming too high.

With minor upgrades Legacy's can be made to handle very well. I have JDM pink springs, and I'm looking forward to making more improvements.

Hankook ventus v12 are possibly the best bang for your buck for summer tires. Very sticky and handle awesome. I had a set on my s2k once they were worn down just put a bigger set back on. Great tires imho

-Chris

Archived