LegacyGT.com

Anyone try a BLOUCH 380XT Turbocharger?

Hey guys...Im currently biulding my motor after a blown piston on my 07 specB. Im going with forged internals new bearings the whole deal...about 5k going into my short block and a full head job also. I got some bolts on already on the way, Up pipe, down pipe, turbo inlet, 1000cc injectors, 340l fuel pump, GS ebcs, etc.

The only thing left for me to decide is what turbo im going to be running. My engine biulder absolutly LOVES the Dom1.5 for this subaru sti/wrx biulds.Since im sticking with a TMIC I am unable to run that turbo. My next option from Blouch is there 380xt.I have heard of guys running VF52, BNR Td05 18g and 20g. But never really heard of anyone running the Blouch 380xt.

Has anyone ran one of these or know of anyone who has?? Id like to know how the lag was and what rpm the spool at?? Also how they compare with the VF53 and the BNR 18g or 20g?

My goal for this car is above 360awhp with a quick spooling turbo.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any advice. Im not trying to start this whole " This is better than that and this sucks that dea.l"

To keep this simple, for your goal, you'll want the 440XT from Blouch. The 380xt is only good for like 320-340whp tops.. With e85, you'll see a bit higher number (maybe even right around your goal). But, to be safe, I'd start by looking into the 440XT. You can never go TOO big. It's better to be too conservative than to be pushing the turbo at its limit.

Comparing the 440XT to either the BNR 18 or 20g.. It's bigger than both. BNR is awesome with their warranties, and Blouch also has decent customer service. If you run a Process West IC, you can get a hose kit to run STI style turbos and make your possibilities endless across turbo choices. That is what I would do.

Hmm interesting...Ill definetly look into getting one of those with the piping kit....It will allow me to try the dom 1.5 that my biulder keeps talking about, he said he might let me try out the Dom off his track car for a couple weeks to try it out.

I guess Ill add the Process West TMIC to the list.

Comparing the 440XT to either the BNR 18 or 20g.. It's bigger than both. BNR is awesome with their warranties, and the Blouch is ball-bearing (some may argue indestructible). If you run a Process West IC, you can get a hose kit to run STI style turbos and make your possibilities endless across turbo choices. That is what I would do.

FWIW Blouch turbos are only ball bearing if there's an R at the end of the name. XT is for a billet wheel.

380XT is basically a billet TD05H-16G and the 440XT a billet TD05H-18G. As mentioned, neither are BB. I haven't seen them do anything really spectacular but I don't think there are too many out in the wild. If you're lacking a VF-40 core for BNR to use, it could be a good option. Just FYI, BNR now has billet wheels available and also a higher flowing TD05H-sized turbine, so they should be very comparable to the Blouch offerings but at lower price. Note the VF-40 exhaust housing measures 7.5cm2 so it sits right in between the usual MHI housings of 7 and 8cm2...
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 6 months later...
380XT is basically a billet TD05H-16G and the 440XT a billet TD05H-18G. As mentioned, neither are BB. I haven't seen them do anything really spectacular but I don't think there are too many out in the wild. If you're lacking a VF-40 core for BNR to use, it could be a good option. Just FYI, BNR now has billet wheels available and also a higher flowing TD05H-sized turbine, so they should be very comparable to the Blouch offerings but at lower price. Note the VF-40 exhaust housing measures 7.5cm2 so it sits right in between the usual MHI housings of 7 and 8cm2...

The 16G is rated at 38lb/min the 380XT is 40lb/min

The 18G is rated at 41lb/min and the 440xt is 44lb/min

Archived