LegacyGT.com

Liftgate (Wagon) Sun Visor Keeps Falling Off

mlloydlgt

Anybody with the Wagon have a problem with that little sun-visor thing falling out of place all the time? The spring tention of the underwire thing keeps its little tabs in the holes but it falls off all the time. Just driving and it falls. Close the hatch even remotely firm and it pops out of place. I like it., but how can I get it to stay put, though?

I don't want to "glue" it or anything that will 1) make it permanent or 2) look like a wad of dangling shoe-goo (or worse!) whenever the visor is out? Coupled with the privacy screen I really like it.

Anybody have this problem and/or any quick fixes?

Thanks!

^ and when parked into the sun, it makes a little bit of shade so that you aren't blinded or to simply keep sun off you while sitting in the rear with your feet hanging out.

I tried to *snap* it into place, and it did snap, but still fell out. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

both the "rear sun visor" and the "rear cargo cover" are in the back of a closet somewhere. Two worthless pieces of equipment, in my opinion. Yeah, let's tempt thieves to break-in the car and steal whatever-the-hell is hidden underneath my "rear cargo cover" .... nice job subaru.

/rant

both the "rear sun visor" and the "rear cargo cover" are in the back of a closet somewhere. Two worthless pieces of equipment, in my opinion. Yeah, let's tempt thieves to break-in the car and steal whatever-the-hell is hidden underneath my "rear cargo cover" .... nice job subaru.

/rant

:icon_conf:confused:

/rant

I love mine and have them in use all the time. They were especially handy for hiding large Xmas presents from my kids this year. :D Right now I have a bunch of laundry stuff (detergent, softener, etc) in a container back there and since the cover's hiding it the wagon still looks teh sexxxy.

-Coelli

Well I've never thought of it as an aweful temptation before, perhaps though....:confused:

I just figure since the sun visor is there it should at least work, or stay put at a minimum. And I love the cargo net. Keeps things organized and stops the dogs from bolting out when I open the hatch.

/rant

also, if your fixing a flat at night and you have the gate open, your "sunvisor thingy" can actually help prevent some moron from running into thr back of your cherished auto...you see, with Subaru, its safety first. It has a reflective side on it that when the gate is fully opened, oncoming drivers at night can also see that in addition to your hazards, flairs, torches, etc.

Well I've never thought of it as an aweful temptation before, perhaps though....:confused:

I just figure since the sun visor is there it should at least work, or stay put at a minimum. And I love the cargo net. Keeps things organized and stops the dogs from bolting out when I open the hatch.

you must have really small dogs...

Archived