LegacyGT.com

Tinted Corners

Omen

Well today I tinted the amber corners, the foglights, the side turn signals and by Sat I'll have taillights and rear reflectors tinted as well.

I will post pics later of my progress so far. It looks great. I went with light smoke all around instead of the darker smoke and it looks nice and subtle.

Yeah I would have liked a little darker but it was hard to tell what the shade would look like when ordering and I didn't want to go too dark. But the tint was only $25 so I may purchase the darker one next month.

But I do like the lighter tint. I'm not a fan of the blackout look so I'm trying to find a middle point. Kind of trial and error at this point.

I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks. I actually got the tint off ebay. They sell the pre-cut kit for the headlights and foglights and I just cut the film to fit just the corners. With the left overs I did the side turn signals. It was $25 shipped.

The Tint is really easy to put on. It comes as a whole headlight tint kit but the film is really thin and easy to cut.

What I did is just sprayed the back of the film with water and started from the orange reflector. When I got to the point I wanted I just lifted up the tint and cut it so it lined up with the line on the clear bar of the reflector.

Then you just smooth out the bumps and wrinkles. The film is flexible so it will form perfect. Small bubbles will go away after a few days like normal window tint.

And if you mess up the ebay vendor will send you a new kit. You just pay the shipping charge. They do this as a one time courtesy. Great vendor.

Originally posted by Omen:

Well today I tinted the amber corners, the foglights, the side turn signals and by Sat I'll have taillights and rear reflectors tinted as well.

Are there any laws or regulations about this? I know states have laws about window tinting and I've read on these forums that there can be issues with cleared lights. Any rules against these overlays especially if you go kinda dark?

The ebay vendor is rvinyl I think. They have a website too but on ebay they are selling the pre cut headlight/foglight kit for $24.99 shipped. You can light smoke, smoke, yellow and blue.

Just search 2008 Subaru Legacy on ebay motors and it usually pops up within the first 2 pages of listings.

• 2 months later...

Archived