LegacyGT.com

Beta Testers needed for Megan Racing's new downpipe

Boostjunkie

I just got in 5 samples of the new Megan Racing downpipe. We are currently looking for beta testers with different aftermarket catbacks. I already have a tester with a stock catback, but would like to verify fitment with aftermaket catbacks. Ideally, I'd like to have testers with Borla, Perrin, Autospeed and some other aftermarket catbacks.

The MR downpipe is 3" mandrel bent 304SS throughout with a formed bellmouth. It is catless and replaces the entire stock DP from the turbo to the catback connection.

The retail price of the DP is $249. I am offering the remaining 4 available DP's for just $175 shipped to the beta testers. PM me if you are interested.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't put anything on my car with the name Megan on it. Megan is my ex-girlfriend's name. Some might find this stupid, but anytime I hear the name Megan, it makes me cringe. :-)

Maybe a mean sounding exhuast will help you get over it :icon_wink

What is the CBE connection like? 3" pipe with 2.5" stock-like flange? Use donut gasket?

Thanks.

I could try it on my MR CBE :) though I am sure you will be doing that !!!

Does it have a bung for aftermarket O2 sensor? Can you add one?

Cas,

from what i rmemeber paul telling me, its a full 3"..and as with anything an aftermarket 02 bung should only run $50 at most at any local muffler shop

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

if your friends knew about Megan's quality and expereince in racing and the industry they wouldn't.

no no, it has nothing to do with the quality of Megan Racing....it has to do with my ex girlfriend.......

I am sticking with stock exhaust because I don't like a loud muffler. (plus it doesn't increase enough horsepower for what you pay for. (its bling)

no no, it has nothing to do with the quality of Megan Racing....it has to do with my ex girlfriend.......

I am sticking with stock exhaust because I don't like a loud muffler. (plus it doesn't increase enough horsepower for what you pay for. (its bling)

Dynos say the complete opposite :icon_cool

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

since the stock CBE is not 3" and uses a donut gasket.... I was wondering how it would mate up with that AND aftermarket exhausts.

Invidia mates up to a stock CBE so i dont see why this wouldnt...i dont think you will need the donut gasket tho

If he got 10whp untuned...where do you think it would sit tuned?

you have to remember that not all parts will give you the biggest gains...but put them all together, and thats when the magic happens

before I go stg2 I'll try and get onto a dyno to compare the CB stock and then the CB when I'm stg 2 and we can see...

of course you'll have to wait until MR's AT dp is finished.

I want to retain as much of stock outward appearance as I can. Thats why I don't want to do CBE. My mods that are coming are the following:

AEM CAI (to be installed when I get a TDC protune on Jan 20th)

Accessport V 2.0

STI/Bosal UP

Cobb Catted DP

Thats all I am going to do for the time being.

Archived