LegacyGT.com

Moving to Santa Monica, Need Tuning Help

PutnamCO

I'm leaving Denver tomorrow, and will arrive in Santa Monica on Friday. Cryo has been incredibly flexible and helpful in creating a 91 map for me to drive to CA on, that may need 2-4 revisions upon arrival.

Anyway, I am technologically inept, and incapable of logging/flashing for myself. Every time I try, something does not work properly, including when my Accessport V2 bricked my ECU and I had to send it to Cobb (their fault). So, if someone could help me out with logging and flashing my revisions from Cryo, I would really appreciate it. I even have a laptop to use.

I have a tactrix cable that worked the last time I used it, and one that did not successfully work for me. I would be wiling to give both cables to whomever can help me. Obviously, I will drive to wherever is convenient for whoever helps. If someone is available to help with only one session, I can offer beer or cash.

I would like to start on this the middle of next week if possible. Thanks, and I look forward to joining some meets this summer.

Bumping this up. Can't wait to have a complete tune done at this altitude. Please let me know if you have any time to help me out with this. I'm free basically all day and all evening, and would love some help. I'm willing to drive to pretty much anywhere to work on this so, if you're available let me know

Thanks!

SpecBGuy, thanks for the idea, but I'm not sure Mike is the best person to help out with this. Since he has an in-house tuner, I can't imagine he would be open to helping me get tuned by an out of state tuner. Also, the only reason I'm doing all of this is that I didn't have the funds for a tune in CO to get me out here, then another tune upon my arrival, since I don't have a job yet.

If anyone has around 15-30 minutes available to help me complete my tune, I will pay you cash. I will probably need this amount of time on 2-3 occasions, not necessarily from the same person. Plus, you'll get a ride in my car that made around 380wtq on E85 back in CO.

• 2 weeks later...

leftcoast74, I very much appreciate the suggestion.

Honestly I'm trying to stay away from true tuners for a couple reasons. First is that if I were a tuner, I wouldn't appreciate someone coming to me to help them log and upload someone else's maps. Second is that I cannot afford hundreds of dollars to get this finished, as I don't yet have a job here.

I don't need tuning expertise, just someone who knows how to use Romraider. I'm envisioning that each session, we upload one map from cryo that I'll have ready to go, then log it. I'm hoping to find someone who has loaded opensource maps on their own car, and who has a spare 30 minutes and wants a case of beer/$20. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I posted there about a week ago, and it looks like I found someone to help me out next weekend. Hopefully that works out, and I'll update on here if it does.

Archived