LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest on fender flares..

A while ago i embarked on a mission to create a better option for the jun style fender flares so many people choose to use.

I came up with a 50mm poly propylene 'bolt on' style flare. Most options out there are either ABS plastic or fiberglass, both of which have showed me they can easily be ruined. It costs a hair more to produce but holds up much better in the long run. Instead of the 240 flares that end up on our cars, the ones i have designed fit our bodies more suitably.

Right now im trying to gauge interest. Im still working on pricing, it all depends on how many i make. Projected guess is somewhere between 175-250 for a set of four ready to paint. Im posting this across many boards but would like to see if its even worth it for me to go forward with. I wont be making much money off this if any, i am just trying to give our small community a much better, durable option.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not mounted on a legacy, no.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/15/qy3atyhe.jpg

This is my old wagon. The ones shown are cut to fit the back doors. At this ride height i was able to fit a 255/45/17 tire on a 17x9.5 +19 wheel with very very minimal fitment issues.

They are fairly universal as far as fitment goes. Originally intended for the gc/gf chassis i know they will fit 1g foresters, 1,2,3g legacys. On paper they will fit any subie, along with most other small and midsize sedan, coupes and wagons.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I am recieving a pre production piece from the manufacturer in the next couple days.. will post pictures mocked up then, also if I can find a fourth gen I will shoot for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived