LegacyGT.com

Rotor issue

• I Donated
Is it on the wheel or engine side of the rotor. If its on the back side (engine side), its probably the metal dust shield rubbing against it

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
my camera is full of pics of strippers and hookers

Sounds like you need to get a girl of your own! lol

Check to see if anything is stuck between the pad and rotor

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

when i had brembos on my acura i had the same issue with new pads and a resurfaced rotor. it ended up being a seized caliper and the friction from the pad was over heating the rotor causing it to eat itself up. is the rotor turning blue or any other color?

• I Donated

Actually rebuilding a caliper is VERY easy and CHEAP.

I bought a caliper rebuild kit (just a few seals) for $6 from Advance Auto Parts. 15 minutes of work and it was done.

The trick to get the piston out is to blow it out with compressed air through the bleeder port. You can use a fine emory cloth to clean the piston after its out.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Actually rebuilding a caliper is VERY easy and CHEAP.

I bought a caliper rebuild kit (just a few seals) for $6 from Advance Auto Parts. 15 minutes of work and it was done.

The trick to get the piston out is to blow it out with compressed air through the bleeder port. You can use a fine emory cloth to clean the piston after its out.

I used a grease gun on my motorcycle to get a stuck piston out since I don't have a compressor. It made a mess though.

When you changed pads did you clean the caliper and use synthetic caliper grease on the slides and the brake pads? Don't overlook that the brake line can be soft and cause a brake to drag too which makes it seem like the caliper sticking. You won't be able to tell on the outside but the inner line gets soft and doesn't release the caliper.

And yes rebuilding a caliper is easy and cheap. I didn't see anywhere but is yours a dual piston caliper or single?

Archived