LegacyGT.com

Why is this cheap? #ynansb

That is with him taking your old shortblock and he also puts in a rebuilt turbo with it.

What I don't understand is how that is moderately reasonable when everyone else has to spend 5-7k to get it done. Now being in the midwest might make it a little cheaper, and this guy works out of his house so that might make it cheaper. What I don't get is how 5-7k for me to do it is 3k for this guy to do it. From what I can tell he sources used parts locally and this is what he does is rebuild subarus.

How much is it ? They will install for $600 but that's after you buy the long block.

Read the text, they don't use complete English.

Can you trust them ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

the 5-7k includes shortblocks, upgrades, etc. This is used parts and he has his own machine shop. He has a friend who works for a dealer, or he buys enough volume to get a discount. He buys a gasket kit plus rings and then uses a collection of parts to put it back together. It's possible, however, his profit margin will be low on a bad engine.

A friend did a deal like this. It was $600 flat fee for labor with parts being extra.

I wouldnt trust personally. Id much rather rebuild my engine the way I want it rebuilt with the parts I want to use and know that its done right. You get what you pay for 9 times out of 10 and this seems too good to be true. Just my .02

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived