LegacyGT.com

the girlfriend and your Legacy

So, the GF and I decided to take a lil 2 day vacation up to Asheville from Charlotte. We were gona take her car (2002 celica, lowered, horrible ride quality) but as we are pulling out of the neighborhood, the car shudders and makes a bad grinding noise..so alas we have to take my car (2002 legacy gtL).

so this pretty much sucks at first..why??? cuz that means shes probably gona wanna drive my car. I havent let her drive..always postponing the inevitable, but why now am I giving in on a 2 and a half hour drive?! Your guess is as good as mine. Anyways, we have to stop and get gas before we head up to Asheville. The whole 2miles to the gas station shes BEGGING me to drive..and I gave in. Its immediately apparent shes still used to her short shifting celica (the only feature on her car that i prefer over mine). As she pulls out she proceeds to rev to about 3500 RPMs and release my clutch..and goes on to shift @ roughly 4000 RPMS every shift. I mean dont get my wrong, I understand she wasn't used to the shifting, but it hurts when your car is shaking every shift and you cant do a damn thing about it. Im in the passenger seat biting my tounge trying not to yell/scream/cry @ her special driving technique. Well long story short, as it turns out the very thing I like more about her car made her give up on driving my car. The long shifter and heavy traffic at the beginning of the trip quickly took its toll, and she pulled off so i could have my baby back...she said it felt like it was driving a truck!So I drove all over Asheville the whole trip, and the mountain roads were a blast! :-D.

So lets hear'em:

Stories of your significant other and your Legacy.

PS

to every one in Asheville, Bellshare festival was the s!*t, specially in my Sub...good times.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait til she curbs your wheels, smashes the front bumper into a parking curb and drops heavy furniture on the rear bumper lip when trying to take it out of the hatch with her feeble sister.

For starters.

wait til she curbs your wheels, smashes the front bumper into a parking curb and drops heavy furniture on the rear bumper lip when trying to take it out of the hatch with her feeble sister.

For starters.

hope she made it up to you.

car for sale. PM me!

Mine respects my car and my obsession. She doesnt bother asking to drive. I even took the LGT on a recent 5 hour drive to VA beach for vacation. She knows how to drive stick ok. but i just keep telling her how different a short shifted Legacy is to shift smoooth. So she leaves it alone.

She has whipped her seatbelt off and fucked up the tint before(god dayum she is lucky she didnt break the window).

All in all i love my gf and she understands my love for my mistress(the car).

My gf slips the clutch too much, other than that she's ok. She drove the first 12 hours non stop going to Florida last month, she's ok.

However, I trust no one driving my car (especially since she scratched her rims on a curb twice with her Mazda), so I didn't sleep at all when she drove.

My :gasp: mother-in-law recently needed to borrow my wagon to jet up the street and get some lettuce from the local grocer.

I was about to suggest that she borrow the wife's minivan, but I knew she thought she was some Subaru expert because of her Outback ownership.

I just told her to take it easy with the shifts as the boost can get out of hand if she really revs it.

(secretly I was praying that she wouldn't curb the Advans.)

Car came back in one piece.

wheels came back unscathed, and mother-in-law was allowed back in the house.

She did make a comment how my wagon went quite a bit faster than her Outback.

She probably street raced a Civic for all I know.:lol:

My :gasp: mother-in-law recently needed to borrow my wagon to jet up the street and get some lettuce from the local grocer.

I was about to suggest that she borrow the wife's minivan, but I knew she thought she was some Subaru expert because of her Outback ownership.

I just told her to take it easy with the shifts as the boost can get out of hand if she really revs it.

(secretly I was praying that she wouldn't curb the Advans.)

Car came back in one piece.

My motehr in-law thought you needed to still pump the gas pedal to start a car. :redface:

I told her she will neer drive mine.

My wife on other hand just looks hot drivng my car so I don't mind.:cool:

Denial is your best friend

My wife told me she was so happy I put the short throw shifter in. Now she doesn't stall the car anymore:lol:

And another:

At her work they have this small back parking lot. you can count the number of times she's driven my car to work by the number of dings.

lets just say she doesn't drive my car much anymore.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

My wife told me she was so happy I put the short throw shifter in. Now she doesn't stall the car anymore:lol:

And another:

At her work they have this small back parking lot. you can count the number of times she's driven my car to work by the number of dings.

lets just say she doesn't drive my car much anymore.

I changed my mind, I don't think I want to get married now :lol:

Lol i have seen my girlfriend drive the piss out here evo 8 when she owned it a year ago in heels and a dress, id go into to details but we cant talk about things that happen on the street on this forum. It was on the way home from a wedding, i was far to drunk to drive, im miss beating that car up.

After my GF Totaled a Malibu out in the Vancouver area, she seems reluctant to drive anything. I've offered to let her drive my LGT once in a while, but she honestly doesn't want to because she knows what it means to me, and i tend to baby my cars.

Archived