LegacyGT.com

Food for thought: Stock intake=70mm

bnguyenbb6

So on a quest to learn more about tuning, as I was skimming through the AccessTuner Calibration and Tuning Guide v1.5, I came across:

70mm ID 05+ LGT MAF Housing

66mm ID Cobb Tuning SF MAF

Does this mean that the stock intake is less likely to max out versus the Cobb intake? This isn't a "how well it flows" but a scaling/mafresolution-wise.

NSFW, Legend any input?

People run 70mm APS intakes on large frame turbos all the time(pump gas), does that mean that the stock intake is more capable than we thought? Has anyone verified that its 70mm ID? I would but I'm out of town without my tools...

Meaning you actually maxed out the stock intake but the 70mm cobb is not maxed out? I'm not just trying to bash cobb, just trying to make a stock vs aftermarket intake comparison.

The Cobb SF intake is 66mm ID according to the Cobb AccessTuner tuning guide. I don't even see a 70mm option on Cobb's website. The Accesstuner also says that the injen and spt intakes are 65mm.

I didn't max out the regular Cobb SF intake, I just wanted some headroom when I put in the new turbo. Cobb offers a 70mm MAF housing for their SF intake, but you have to call them directly to order it. They don't list it because you need a tune to run it instead of the "no tune needed" regular SF intake. (That's what they told me, at least.)

I don't have a caliper, but I measured 65mm with my ruler.

Cobb:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/2011-08-14_10-29-35_311.jpg

And here's the stock intake 70mm!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/2011-08-14_10-30-44_167.jpg

Just noticed the camera angle shows lower readings than I actually got...

Archived