LegacyGT.com

Myron and Davis Nav

So, after reading a few reviews online and looking through this forum, I decided to pull the trigger.

I purchased the Myron and Davis factory fit and finish nav unit for my legacy. I got it on ebay for $340 with free shipping. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-LEGACY-OUTBACK-NAVIGATION-SYSTEM-W-BUILT-IN-BLUETOOTH-fits-2010-2013-/121092324685?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item1c31aa3d4d&vxp=mtr#ht_1184wt_1130)

I also ordered the sirus sat. tuner and a back-up camera.

I currenly have an '11 limited (HK audio), so I will take a few pics and do my best to document and uodate you guys as the time goes on :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May be a stupid question, but why this over say a pioneer or the like?

To be honest... a few reasons... 1. The factory look and finish... I am very picky in they way my cars look. and 2. The price... :lol: I got everything BT, Sirius, USB, Back-up cam, Ipod, Nav all for $400... we will see how it actually all meshes together though when I get it installed...

I like the way you think. Hurry up and install. I want to see!

LOL... so do I :lol:It shows they shipped today so maybe Ill be able to do install next weekend...:rolleyes: I hope at least... my flush mount USB is coming from Hong Kong though so lets see how long that takes.

LOL... so do I :lol:It shows they shipped today so maybe Ill be able to do install next weekend...:rolleyes: I hope at least... my flush mount USB is coming from Hong Kong though so lets see how long that takes.

Did you overnight it? :lol: J/K Looking forward to see the outcome. Will you be doing a install guide by Patrick Turner?:)

Based on what you's important to you, I think you'll like it Patrick!

Sure, its not a Ferrari but sometimes all we need is a Kia/Hyundai or even a Dodge...

and this is definitely closer to a Kia/Hyundai, heck, maybe even a Toyota.

Looks OEM and just works and does so well. Simple and effective.

Here is a review I did on amazon, I also bought it on closeout and eventually went back to the factory radio.

I bought this on eBay for around $300 on closeout, honestly I kind of feel like it should only cost $300 or less. It is definitely not a quality system but does match the factory surround and look spot on.

Install was a breeze in my 2010:

Cons:

Button Beeps are extremely loud, but you can turn it off.

UI is kind of cheesy looking.

Popping with the HK system, might be because of the factory amp.

Cannot turn off the radio if you just want the nav on, you can switch it to aux or something else to have it quiet to just have the nav map on.

Not all features are available that they show in the manual.

Kind of sketchy software.

GPS clock keeps resetting to 12am until it finds a satellite.

Does not display Radio station or song/title names.

Night mode is still kind of bright.

Answer and Hangup on the steering wheel controls do not work.

Pros:

eBay Price was better.

Factory Look.

Honestly I am still getting use to this thing and am not 100% sure I like it yet. I will update this later.

UPDATE 1:

-Had to buy a replacement antenna adapter because the one included was faulty. After I replaced the adapter, FM channels came in clearer.

-GPS software must not be inspected at all. At night the POI font is black against a black background so you can't even read the store names. I had to go into the software and edit the colors from (0, 0, 0) to (255, 255, 255) to see it.

-The price of these units are definitely not worth it, so shop around. They are on closeout at other stores.

Install Pics: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4170943&postcount=23

That's disappointing. I wonder if Patrick will be confirming some of those behaviors.

I will so my best to confirm and hopefully debunk some of the review issues.

I did speak to customer service about some issues.

Button Beeps are extremely loud, but you can turn it off.

That doesnot bother me, Id just turn it off... but we will see

UI is kind of cheesy looking.

-I am expecting this for 340$ maybe ill be wrong?

Popping with the HK system, might be because of the factory amp.

-Engineers at M&D say this was fixed on the newer units

Cannot turn off the radio if you just want the nav on, you can switch it to aux or something else to have it quiet to just have the nav map on.

-Manual says this is possible, maybe a defect in his?

Not all features are available that they show in the manual.

-We will see... depends on what options you buy with it as well

Kind of sketchy software.

-We will find out

GPS clock keeps resetting to 12am until it finds a satellite.

-We will find out

Does not display Radio station or song/title names.

-Manual says it should

Night mode is still kind of bright.

-We will see... brightness doesnt bother me

Answer and Hangup on the steering wheel controls do not work.

-THis was corrected, depending on year legacy, they need to kno wwhen you order unit to ensure correct harness is included

:)I'm still excited and looking forward to this unit... my expectation are not that of a kenwood or pioneer but thats because of the price point.

And the negineer says the maps are from gogo maps which TomTom uses... not sure if thats true or not that TomTom uses the same maps...

Did you overnight it? :lol: J/K Looking forward to see the outcome. Will you be doing a install guide by Patrick Turner?:)

I was tempted to overnight it... but couldnt pass up the free shipping lol... and yes I will be doing a pdf. based install guide with all part numbers and such... I create process flows and SOP's at work all day so this will be like at work :eek:... nahh the outcome will be better, or so I hope.

I've had it for a week and I can honestly say for the price, you can't beat it.

As for the Phone answer on the steering wheel not working, that's not true, it works fine.

The UI, is fine, it does it's job of getting you around the menu, it's not fancy like a Pioneer, but it gets the job done. My favorite part is the Graphic Eq that comes on when you're playing music.

Most of the faults mentioned are passable in my opinion. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, some may hate it, other will brush it off. I just wanted a factory look (helps with value of the car) with GPS, and I wanted it to play music, obviously. I also wanted to keep most of the functionality on my steering wheel, which I did. Voice command is the only thing I lost, but I never used it and I would have lost it with any other aftermarket as well.

Music is the bulk of my needs when I'm driving anyways. I'm not there playing with the UI, so I don't care if it's not fancy.

I wonder if it is better than the stock navi (2010-2012)? Is it even worth to upgrade. I don't hate my NAV, it gets the job done, but would like a little more style and features.

I will gladly report on that as well... I had a '11 outback with factory nav until it was totaled and I also have a '13 outback with factory nav so I will do a good comparison... I liked the '11 nav, people complain about it and mayube it was a little outdated, but I loved it... and I to this day cannot find a nav with as clear a voice as the factory '11 nav :)

Archived