LegacyGT.com

Lifting rear seats up in a wagon?

Search is currently not working so I am forced to publicly ask this somewhat dumb question.

In a 1997 Legacy wagon, how the heck do you tumble the rear seat up?

Is there a latch hidden somewhere? There's nothing I can see or feel. I'm a wee bit stumped.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Yeah, front seats are far enough forward. The back edge of the rear seat won't even clear the bottom of the backrests. Something's hindering it.

It's good to know that there's no release mechanism. It'll make it easier to concentrate on the solution rather than the problem.

Thank you for your input.

AHA! There is a mechanism.

This time around I reallllly got in there and felt around. Only minor knuckle shredding but I found a little strap buried deep down under the seat.

This strap operates a small latch.

I feel a little foolish having posted the question to then discover the answer but it was the response to my question that inspired me to give it one more try so THANK YOU.

Hopefully this will be of help to some one else that buys a used wagon that he or she is unfamiliar with :)

On Edit: I am SO LOVING this car. Best vehicle I've ever had so far :)

10 years worth of fries?!?

It's a good thing you got to them when you did. They've been known to evolve & attack people. I shudder to think of how close you may have come to losing a hand to a newly created biological McFry creature :D

Sent from my not so smart phone using any means necessary

This dude has some decent video's that he posts about his Subie,Here is a video on how to fold up the seat,hope this helps ya

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQB-0QTEeRA]1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon - folding rear seat - YouTube[/ame]

Archived