LegacyGT.com

dealership stole my cd player?

So my girl just got the nicest 99 lgt limited. such a sexy car. I test drove it, and the cd player worked. left a deposit. I picked it up a week later, and i am driving home from the dealership. I go turn on the cd player and its not working. Its all green and lit up. but its just bright green. doesnt say anything and none of the buttons work. it doesnt even turn off. it just stays on radiating green. anyone know what this is?

i know i could find a cheep headunit. i dont like the look of aftermarket. anyone know of another oem headunit that would fit besides the legacys?

Pretty much any 1dim or 2dimm cd deck will plug in with ease from across the subaru line up till 05 as they changed the front bezel style which made the radio integrated for some of them such as the legacy, but ones such as the 06 STi might have a matching bezel its a 2 dimm style cd deck. which will probably work in your car.

THANKS WESTCOAST. i wasnt sure if it was a standard din size. it looked a little smaller then a 2 din.

I dont know much about audio. could it be a fuse or something? could it not be attached properly. its the panasonic, 2 din headunit with a built in cd player. not the 2 seperate 1 dins. when the dash lights are on the headunit lights up. it wont turn on though.

well it wont be a fuse as if the fuse for the radio was out, then it wouldnt light up at all as the fuse controls the power going to the cd deck. So that leaves you with the unit itself, I would find the fuse and replace it just for the heck of it as who noes it might be a bad fuse thats no letting it get full voltage. Iono if you have tried this but press the volume knob, this turns off the radio and turns it on as well and just might be the problem. Other than that they either switched the radio or something or it just happened to die when you got ahold of it.

Any pre-08 Forester, or older WRX radio/CD player will fit. The DIN size is the same. Only disadvantage, they are silver, and the Legacy is dark gray, so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

But, it works great.

Thanks, guys. I apreciate the help. I searchded and I can seem to find out wattage for my speakers. I can get a single din sony for a good price but its only 17w per channel. Anyone know if that's taking full advantage of the speakers? Its a limited. Also, its only a single din and I got a 2 din hole in my dash. I know that the non limiteds come with a single din radio. What comes in the other din, some kind of cubby?

Archived