LegacyGT.com

Driving home 65 mph car starts bucking check engine light come on. hook up code reader get the p0025/26 code. As im making my way to the shoulder engine start rev bouncing then bam shuts off. I coast to the shoulder. Car never starts again. Tried to turn the motor at the crank wont budge.

Just bought the car in april 101k no warranty looks like im going to need a new motor. Do alot of highway driving so put 8k on the car since i had it. Can't understand wtf happened. Any one any ideas what happened. Oil levels were good no leaks no smoke just bam gone thanks.

Also any one know some feasible place to buy a motor anyone selling?

Heuberger has oem shortblock for $1800 shipped.

If you have confidence in your abilities to turn a wrench, ask questions, and follow instructions (and have access to the tools) you can pull the motor from the Legacy, break it down, and reinstall it in a weekend (or two). I'm sure there are enough willing forum members in NJ to lend a hand.

the legacy motor seized, no way i can do the work myself not that handy and this is my d/d so got to get it up and running. Possible found a motor someone local if i can pressed the op to ship on nasioc.

i bought a motor from a junkyard w/ 30k on it as well as a 1 year/15000 mile warranty for 600 bucks when i needed to replace my motor. it was from an 07 impreza.

leggy is also a 07

Well now that we have the basics, pull a Ej253 from a 06+ N/A 4 cyl Subaru, your Stock ECU can run any of them and it is a plug n play job.

Don't mix it up and try to run EJ251 heads or a hybrid setup as you will only want to kick yourself.

Rebuilding one isn't a terrible pita the work is fairly standard and youll need to go for the OEM over sized pistons made just for people that rebuild EJ25 bottom ends (.50mm overbore to 100mm dia) the heads can be refreshed if they are in bad shape (guides, lashing, seals)

GEE-OTTO thanks picked up the imprezza long block jut have to use old intake and manifold hope to be back up and running by the weekend.

Well now that we have the basics, pull a Ej253 from a 06+ N/A 4 cyl Subaru, your Stock ECU can run any of them and it is a plug n play job.

Don't mix it up and try to run EJ251 heads or a hybrid setup as you will only want to kick yourself.

Rebuilding one isn't a terrible pita the work is fairly standard and youll need to go for the OEM over sized pistons made just for people that rebuild EJ25 bottom ends (.50mm overbore to 100mm dia) the heads can be refreshed if they are in bad shape (guides, lashing, seals)

• Mega Users
Oil levels were good no leaks no smoke just bam gone thanks.

Also any one know some feasible place to buy a motor anyone selling?

Wrong oil. Mobil 1 is known to seize Subaru motors even when it is present in the proper quantity.

Wrong and wrong.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Even tbough there was oil there, doesn't mean it was making its way through the motor. Could have been a ripped pickup tube o ring, oil pump that failed, or a restriction elsewhere.

• Mega Users
oil pump i could see, pickup no. not if it was at its appropriate levels. ive never heard of a pump failing, even on an na car.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

OP, how close are you to AZPinstalls.com they are in northern NJ. Check them out.

They can do the work for you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

oil pump i could see, pickup no. not if it was at its appropriate levels. ive never heard of a pump failing, even on an na car.

The car has 110k miles and who knows who owned/ didnt maintain it before op. I could see some hefty sludge impeding oil. Wouldnt be the first time. Also... a torn or failing pickup o ring(or even cracked pickup tube) will suck air and make shit go wrong.

Archived