LegacyGT.com

Troubles on my 05 GT

I have a 2005 legacy gt with accessport, k & n short ram intake and borla full exhaust. I had my check engine light come on along with the cruise control light flash. I realized the filter on my intake had fallen off, and corrected the issue. When i plugged in my access port the code said it was running lean. I cleared the code, but the car seems to be running horrible. I get lots of lag in all gears and don't know what the issue can be at this point. If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Just look at all the other threads about blown turbos and noises under the hood and such... get the car to a reputable mechanic if you are unable to diagnose the issue yourself... and be prepared for bad news as it sounds like it could be bad. Have you had the car tuned? If not maybe you should get in touch with a tuner and see if they can help you. Running an intake on an untuned car is a big no no with these cars... good luck!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Also more information about the car like milage and when you purchased it and has the timing belt been done and any other technical info you can give is gonna help the experts around here give you good advice

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Well the only tune I've done to the car is the access port itself. the car is a 2005 legacy gt with only 40,000 miles. No timing belt or anything done yet as the car does not have too many miles.

I would seriously look for vacuum leaks. I would be willing to bet that you have a hose or connection that is sucking in air and ruining your AFR. Be careful, if you run lean you will melt pistons.

Do accessports support intakes

You took the words out of my mouth. I believe for the WRX's, the SPT intakes aren't supposed to cause any issues. That being said, running K&N with an OTS tune is no bueno.

If you download the Cobb sf maps from their website directly and upload them to your AP , then you can run an intake more safe than just a base map tune. I did for mine before I was cryotuned and had zero issues.

Also, do check those vac lines and secure them with zip ties anyway.

I also have my check engine light on and my cruise light flashing! idk what it means? the check engine light is my egr sensor cus my exhaust! but what does the cruise flashing mean? and my parking brake light is stuck on!!

Archived