LegacyGT.com

Would a 06' 2.5i SE (Auto), would it be able to keep up with a 04' v6 mustang or a 02' Grand Prix GT.
I'ma gonna say no, worst part is, for those that watch Top Gear and saw the latest one with the Smart 2+2 where they spent 24 hours in it. Well that baby will beat the new 2.5i from 0-60 (but I can still take it thank god)

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

10.something 0-60 is not faster then 90% of the cars out there

Are 2.5i's really that slow?? Power-to-weight ratio would suggest a little faster than that, I would think - at least for the MT's. They can't be a full 5 seconds slower than a 5MT LGT from 0-60!!!

Well depending on what you have (auto or manual) the times differ greatly. Manual gets you there in 8.9 and auto 10.4 (found here)

Yeah. 8.9 sec 0-60 seems more in line with what I would expect. If the 2.5i manual gets a little quicker over the next few years, that may be my next car. Especially if gas prices continue in the direction they're headed.

the 2.5i, even with auto, is definitely quicker than 10 sec 0-60, I would question those numbers. Maybe the adaptive transmission makes it a bit faster over time - I can't tell if the car seems faster now (15k miles) than when I first got it. It's very quick to about 40 mph if you're using the sport shift mode. On the 4eat, once you get past 2nd gear you lose any real oomph. One place the 4eat is noticeably slow is in highway passing - say accelerating from 50mph-75mph - manually downshifting in sport mode seems to solve this problem though.

As for gas mileage - if I avg around 72 mph my little dash computer usually reads about 32-33 mpg. If I go slower, closer to 60-65 mph, it can get as high as 40 mpg over a ten mile or so stretch. By my math the dash computer is usually overestimating by about 1 or 2 mpg, but's it's still good mileage - my daily commute is about 60 miles each way.

One thing I like about the 2.5i is that even if it isn't faster than a lot of cars, it -feels- faster than a lot of other cars. I used to drive my brothers Lincoln LS V8 - which was definitely quick, but you could accelerate to 85 mph and not think you were going much more than 40. With the 2.5i, as with most subarus I've been in, they've figured out the right combination of low end torque, high-rev engine noise, and not-too-smooth gear changes to make the car feel faster than it is, and as a result be more fun.

Well tonight I was curuzin and thinking about this thread. All I have done performance wise on the car is a GP-moto intake for now (we wont put suspension/handling mods into play right now). With the intake on the GT the higher rpm's are accented and the pull is incredible (quite fun actually, and yes it does "plant you" in your seat). That is your best bet for a little more ooph and a more enjoyable feeling, plus if you get used to the gas pedal enough in an automatic you can apply the power curve to the entire rpm range (hard to describe, but you'll understand if you realize the funkiness of the fuel pump/injector combo). Well thats my contribution for the night.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived