LegacyGT.com

New Impreza face!

EvoFire

Yesterday Subaru brought you a teaser of the new Impreza.

Today we bring you the full spy shots of the Impreza.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/03-2012-subaru-impreza-spy-shots.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/04/01-2012-subaru-impreza-spy-shots.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/08/spy-shots-2012-subaru-impreza-shows-its-face/

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, maybe they were thinking "maybe this will shut them up."

Seems interesting, I'll wait to see the interior and performance options before making any opinions.

Shame my insurance will go up significantly if previous Impreza WRX/STI trends hold true.

love the rear 3/4 view, and the fender bulges and i'm sure sti will be greater still...and the front end does look like our 08 spec b.....i'm sure performance versions will look much better than these bottom of line versions...and i CAN'T wait to see wagon version......

look like a low life chinese car now... sorry

the front end is fugly (5th gen leggy?), rear tail lights are wtf tiny (yaris tail light?), and the mufflers (yaris again?), u'r kidding right?

oh and the trunk (4th gen leggy?), omgwtf!!! its being installed on a wrong place, on a wrong car

now wtf is the performance? 400hp and 50mpg? :lol:

For size comparison, the white crossover behind it is a BMW X1. (Not available here in the U.S. yet, but has been in Europe for a few years.)

Apparently it (the X1) is 1.5" longer, 2.3" wider, and 2.7" taller than the current Impreza hatch, and 1.5" higher ground clearance.

For size comparison, the white crossover behind it is a BMW X1. (Not available here in the U.S. yet, but has been in Europe for a few years.)

Apparently it's 1.5" longer, 2.3" wider, and 2.7" taller than the current Impreza hatch, and 1.5" higher ground clearance.

It definitely doesn't look bigger, they've hid it well. I suppose they have succeeded in that one sense. And ground clearance? Are we making SUVs?

I have hope for this Impreza, it looks like it may turn out quite nice in WRX and STI trim. And yes, definitely see the gen4 Legacy resemblance in it. Those headlights also look like its made for projectors.

It looks like a Saturn.

Those side mirrors are UGLY as sin.

I wholeheartedly despise front side windows that are split.

The trunk will be almost useless: like the current gen: very low loading ability despite larger trunk.

Headlights - going back in time and away from modern optics.

It is horrible I like nothing about it.

Even the exhaust muffler looks el cheapo.

By comparison, the current gen Impreza hatchback looks like a Spaceship that I would actually love to own if I did not have an even better looking Subaru already.

It definitely doesn't look bigger, they've hid it well. I suppose they have succeeded in that one sense. And ground clearance? Are we making SUVs?
Sorry, I was comparing the X1 (seen in the background) to the current Impreza dimensions. Not sure what the new Impreza's specs are.

no more projector headlights. the headlights/tailights are sooo MEH. the lights needs more sharp corners. everything is rounded off.

that is probably a pre-production car. tailpipe looks wrong and theres like some kind of bracket thing below rear bumper.

no more projector headlights. the headlights/tailights are sooo MEH. the lights needs more sharp corners. everything is rounded off.

that is probably a pre-production car. tailpipe looks wrong and theres like some kind of bracket thing below rear bumper.

The projectors will come back, probably as an option on the WRX and STI just like they are now.

Cars like the Evo has two sets of headlights, the base Evo has reflectors and you can option up to projectors.

dude, this is about the impreza, not the wrx or sti, and this one looks so Fugly! everything looks like they are glued together and are falling apart, the taillight is 1/2 corolla taillight now (w/o the part on the trunk)...

wrx and sti are being sold with a premium price, so dont even put them into comparation :-)

I feel good and bad about this.

On the one hand I am not surprised that the new Impreza is bigger, heavier and uglier than the previous generation, since this happens every time. The new one is good in parts... where it mimics the BL Legacy. The rest... meh.

On the other hand, I take consolation in the fact that I no longer drive the ugliest Impreza ever made ('08).

The BR/BM Legacy has grown a size. This new Impreza looks to be about the size of the BL Legacy. I wonder... is there now room in the line-up for something the size of the original GC Impreza or a little smaller?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

http://www.subaru.se/commonmedia/images/news/2011/110406/impreza_s.jpg

The new Impreza is closer to the 4th gen Legacy than the previous gen Impreza.

And in 6 months we will see a 5 door version according to the Swedish Subaru site. At least here in Europe, where you essentially need a wagon to stay on the market.

But to avoid competing with the Legacy the Impreza will be the cheaper smaller sister...

453747.png

the funny thing fahr_side... is that you have no idea about the new impreza's weight or size

So you think it's going to be either smaller or lighter? :lol:

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived