LegacyGT.com

Outback Sunroof vs. Legacy GT Wagon Sunroof

Robyrdt

Hi everyone. First time poster here. We are considering an Outback XT wagon for my wife, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the Outback wagon's sunroof is as big as the Legacy wagon's which everyone seems to rave about? Also, with a wagon, are you able to tilt the sunroof open in the back as you can with the sedan? The ones I've seen appear to be a kind of "bi-fold" arrangement. How do they work? Thanks for your help.

Bob

The OB and Legacy wagon moonroofs are identical. In fact, the two vehicles are almost the same except for a few key differences (mainly in suspension and cosmetics).

The wagon moonroof is indeed in two parts. The front, short section only tilts up, doubling as a windscreen. The larger, 2nd section slides all the way back. It's a great set up and your passengers will love it.

Ken

Guest *Jedimaster*
I like my sunroof- not love it. Mine is an OB and as mentioned, it's identical to the Legacy wagons. It opens quite wide and that's nice on sunny days- I've even had it open on winter days if it's not too cold- I like the feeling of the heater on in the car and the wind in my (lack of) hair. Two gripes about it- when fully open, it makes a bit of noise on the highway. And the front section only tilting up is annoying to me- I'd prefer to have that section slide back with the rest.

Thanks for the replies guys. I too kinda wish the sunroof would open over the front seats rather than simply tilt. We'll have to decide between the XT, and the VDC. I'm sure she'll want the automatic, not sure if she'll prefer the boost of the turbo or the smoothness of the 6. For that matter, not sure which I'll prefer either. I wish VDC and some of the amenities that come with that model, would be available with the XT.

Bob

Archived