LegacyGT.com

Well I traded it in for a Lexus IS 250 AWD. You can feel the difference in build quality on the first drive.

The list of problems for my Subaru Legacy GT was so long and costly I couldn't stand to keep her. Concerned at any moment I might have another problem.

It's been fun being here. It will be my last Subaru.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their nice but they have issues. Expensive to fix. I hate when cheap ass Lexus owners bring their Lexus to Toyota. Don't do that.. They may have a 2.5 like a Camry but their different engines. Different oil filter different fuel injection systems. And most Toyota dealers don't have Lexus look up. Their definitely not fast but ride nice and are comfortable. Cooled seats are awesome..

Been trying to talk my wife into one for the past few months but she drives alot to work so MPG would suck compared to the 40 the Corolla gets. But we're looking at houses closer to her work with a bigger pole barn for me so maybe she'll get one then.

Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. Rebuilt my motor last year, replaced worn out suspension parts, and needing more maintainance items. I've already told myself this is the last year I'll be owning my car after 9 yrs, it's time to move one. Like you, I'm looking at the Lexus IS350, or if I can find an IS-F model for a decent price.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Sorry to see you go, man.

Is the IS really that much better? Even with no boost?

Well oddly, yes. I would have sprung for the 350 AWD which would have been event faster. Sadly my wife wants a home faster.

The interior is worlds apart. The motor doesn't have the tq curve of the boosted subi, but the tranny is nicer. Body roll, yeah, doesn't have it.

It feels like it's on rails. And this car has the same tires as my subi did.

Booooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. Rebuilt my motor last year, replaced worn out suspension parts, and needing more maintainance items. I've already told myself this is the last year I'll be owning my car after 9 yrs, it's time to move one. Like you, I'm looking at the Lexus IS350, or if I can find an IS-F model for a decent price.

Don't wait... seriously. I shouldn't have put $750 into the turbo last month.

Good choice...definitely a sexy car...love the IS(F) class...cant go wrong with a "new?" car...

PICS or your lying!!! lol jk

Still a buyers market at least...hurry up and buy (in my indian accent)

Happy wife happy life...:cool:

As long as you can still have your toys!! and man cave!!

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Good luck on the new venture. We may have never seen eye to eye all the time but after your horror story I understand.

I myself was eyeing E60 M5's. V10 for under 30 grand and one of my good friends is a BMW mastertech. Very tempting.

Congrats! But is a Lexus really the next best car to get into after a legacy gt? Seems like the payment on the Lexus would be close to a mortgage payment for not much more than you are getting with the legacy... either way as long as you are happy that's all that matters! Who is gonna give all the newbs negative feedback now? Hahaha just kidding bro good luck with the new ride!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Good luck on the new venture. We may have never seen eye to eye all the time but after your horror story I understand.

I myself was eyeing E60 M5's. V10 for under 30 grand and one of my good friends is a BMW mastertech. Very tempting.

It's ok. I would be careful about anything BMW outside warranty. Got inside dealer info today that it's a build quality issue as BMW goes to get more profits per car. It's a marketing company now.

Congrats! But is a Lexus really the next best car to get into after a legacy gt? Seems like the payment on the Lexus would be close to a mortgage payment for not much more than you are getting with the legacy... either way as long as you are happy that's all that matters! Who is gonna give all the newbs negative feedback now? Hahaha just kidding bro good luck with the new ride!

AWD decent sedans, non-america, non-german gives you very few options. The other runner up was the TL/TLX. Neither turned out heads and my wife flat out told me the Acura was ugly.

Honestly the car payment is low considering the stress off my shoulders.

That would be MrTris.

Nope, cuz I just told my my coworker this story -- After the rebuild, she gets a six month probation. If, during that six months, I have to pay more than another $500 in must-have-to-run related parts and/or service not due to my own doing from some part of the rebuild process, I will be seeing a new car for my 30th birthday. I refuse to go through what Rob has, and, to be honest, if I have to go through even half of that, I'll probably /myself.

Then you didn't follow the instructions on how to rebuild a Subie motor. That would be sad to say, since you started a thread on what you need to rebuild these motors. Careful what you say on the forums, so it dosen't bit you in the butt, like Waspy.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Then you didn't follow the instructions on how to rebuild a Subie motor. That would be sad to say, since you started a thread on what you need to rebuild these motors. Careful what you say on the forums, so it dosen't bit you in the butt, like Waspy.

There's instructions? Where? :lol:

Relevant, from another thread:

It's a dumb move.

The oil consumption might be as simple as the wrong oil. We had this happen on a car when a family member started taking their car to jiffy lube, don't get me started.

The honda is reliable. If the V6, faster then the Subaru.

The Subaru is about as much a PITA as a german car. You're most likely to buy a problem.

But hey, don't listen to me, let me sell you my 2005, stage 2 5EAT, rebuilt motor (forged internals), new turbo, boosting 16.5 psi. New tires, rotors, endlinks and a bunch of tasteful upgrades that keep it a sleeper. It'll get 24mpg on the freeway and I'd love to sell it to you. Buy myself an AWD Lexus or Acura for faster mor reliable driving.

Please just go make a FS thread. Stop posting this junk all over the place.

It's ok. I would be careful about anything BMW outside warranty. Got inside dealer info today that it's a build quality issue as BMW goes to get more profits per car. It's a marketing company now.

AWD decent sedans, non-america, non-german gives you very few options. The other runner up was the TL/TLX. Neither turned out heads and my wife flat out told me the Acura was ugly.

Honestly the car payment is low considering the stress off my shoulders.

I think in that price range an Sti would be a better option but to each their own... hopefully you don't get bored with the lexus and your stress level stays down!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

The interior is worlds apart. The motor doesn't have the tq curve of the boosted subi, but the tranny is nicer. Body roll, yeah, doesn't have it.

It feels like it's on rails. And this car has the same tires as my subi did.

But can you get the AWD in a stick?

I think in that price range an Sti would be a better option but to each their own... hopefully you don't get bored with the lexus and your stress level stays down!

Maybe a better option for some, but not everybody wants the most racecar that they can afford. I can't speak for Rob, but he sold his turbo Subaru because of 1) mechanical problems and 2) build quality problems (rattles, etc).

The STI is definitely a step down from the LGT in terms of luxury (and LGT is a step down from the IS), and it's still a turbo EJ.

Maybe a better option for some, but not everybody wants the most racecar that they can afford. I can't speak for Rob, but he sold his turbo Subaru because of 1) mechanical problems and 2) build quality problems (rattles, etc).

The STI is definitely a step down from the LGT in terms of luxury (and LGT is a step down from the IS), and it's still a turbo EJ.

Well if luxury is what he was going for then I guess he made a good decision. But personally id rather have a new sti than an automatic lexus. A newer sti isn't gonna have the mechanical issues that a 10 year old legacy gt has and id say its built much better than a legacy as well. I had an 04 sti for almost 5 years and would much rather have that then the legacy I have now. Just my opinion though!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived