LegacyGT.com

Continental PureContact - what PSI?

krystle920

I have a 2011 Legacy 2.5i, and I recently bought a set of Continental PureContact tires. My question is - what PSI should I have it at for fuel efficiency? I'm located in Southern California so snow/rain is not really an issue. I know the recommended PSI on the door says 33 in the front and 32 at the back, but people seem to be putting their pressures much higher. The max pressure written on the tires is 51.

Thanks!

I am running the same tire. Usually inflate to 40 psi psi cold. It can help to go 41 front / 39 rear if you are afraid of scrubbing the fronts if you drive like a bandit. I have had no wear issues and have ran the tires extremely hard for over 15K.

The car might be trying to tell you it's a little high. 41 or so doesn't set off my TPMS light. Anything over 42 I would say will prematurely wear the insides; your contact patch will be smaller and esentt ally run on the road with the middle of the tread. 40 is a good pressure (cold) for gas milage, handling, and tire wear.

• 5 months later...
Tire rack just recommended these tires to me for my 10 Legacy 2.5.

How have they worked out?

Ditto, I am torn between the Prue Contracts and the Pirelli P7 All Season Plus tires. Looking to find someone with some real life winter/snow feedback on either of these tires.

Also considering maybe stepping up to the Nokians WRG3, just a little tentative on running them year round.

Archived