LegacyGT.com

2008+ Legacy GT AUX Port?

I just want to confirm that the 2008+ and onward GT's have an AUX port.

This is an absolute necessity for me and I just spoke to my coworker who has a 2008 Legacy GT and he says they have it after the 07 models!

If this is the case, I can ditch the MazdaSpeed 3 I was looking at and return back to the AWD boosted world woo!!!

Just need this simple confirmation.

You can get a kit and add it to the radio. When I bought my Spec B it had the kit but I wanted XM radio instead. So removed and sold the kit and put in the XM.

Check the radio forum down below

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Uhh....well this car has to come STOCK with an AUX port...and yes I mean 3.5mm port so I can plug in my S4 to listen to music

So at this point, its not what year or headunit, its what CAR comes stock with it...

Now I'm confused....is this not stock?

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/Leg07auxplug1.JPG

I believe the AUX port is a dealer installed option.

I could be worng, but I don't think the factory put them in. I bought my Spec used.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Is there no STOCK NO MODICICATIONS AUX port that will work???

I wanna be bumping my tunes from my S4 before I even leave the dealers parking lot

Yes correct, if the center console has input you're good to go. Sorry I was thinking about my 05 conversion. I was going to install a 3.5mm but decided to use Bluetooth instead. BUMP AWAY!!

My 08 2.5i has the button for aux but doesn't have the the port in the console, I found the pin out online for plug port on the back of the deck, soldered some wire leads and shrink wrapped them individually, and one is a ground to activate the aux button in the deck, works perfectly

iPod adapter uses the 30-pin connector (not the newest gen that has those thin/narrow connectors) so the sound quality is much higher. You would also be able to control the ipod and display its information via the OEM stereo controls/console.

Personally, I use an Auxiliary to 30-pin iPod connector with a built-in noise filter, and it works perfectly for me. No static or fuzziness at any volume level, and the volume remains consistent. $8.

iPod adapter uses the 30-pin connector (not the newest gen that has those thin/narrow connectors) so the sound quality is much higher. You would also be able to control the ipod and display its information via the OEM stereo controls/console.

Personally, I use an Auxiliary to 30-pin iPod connector with a built-in noise filter, and it works perfectly for me. No static or fuzziness at any volume level, and the volume remains consistent. $8.

that's what I use...not sure about filtering part though. Can you post link, thanks

for those who use ipod adapter on 07+ cars. How does the integration work for you? I understand that you can skip between songs but when starting the car what's the default iPOD setup and how do you start it? DO I still have to press play on iPOD to get it going ?

With the integration kit you don't have to do much directly on the iPod, other than turn it off. It will power up when you attach it, you just have to select it as the input for the radio. Mine doesn't power off automatically when I shut down the car. It takes some learning to control all of it via the radio - the adapter re-uses the radio pre-select buttons, but it is doable. The kit comes with a temporary overlay for the radio as a cheat sheet. I think the users guide/install guide is available on some of the vendors web sites, if not at subaru.com. There is also an additional adapter (another option) to charge different model iPod/iPhones.

I'm pretty happy with mine, I added it after constantly being distracted using the iPod with the 3.5 mm jack. The sound is better. The controls are a little laggy, but not bad.

When I plug in my ipod after I start, it resumes the song that I stopped at and on the playlist that I was on. I normally just choose playlist and then go from there, but it does allow you to sort by artist and title. I used to use the AUX port, but then I would have to control the IPOD physically. The IPOD integration kit just makes everything a little easier.

I use the "Haier Audio 30 Pin Travel Car Charger w/ 3.5mm Audio Jack for iPod & iPhone" (I'm having a hard time linking to Amazon for some reason).

When I purchased it last year, it was $8 from DailySteals, so my guess is that they were phasing out the product. A cursory search seems like the product is very difficult to find now. For $8, it's totally worth it - for $35..eh, I'm on the fence about it.

Archived