LegacyGT.com

ots stg 2 questions

Busuto05

Hey guys/gals,

This may have been covered however I am lazy lol Just had my 90K and service disconnected the battery, obviously the map stays in the ecu? however I noticed the car was sluggish from the onset when driving home. Does the ecu need to relearn? Should I unmarry and remarry the AP? Just wondering?

Thanks in advance!

When the ecu gets reset, IAM gets reset to .5 typically. That means your timing advance table is only half as much as it would normally be until it goes to 1. Might feel a bit sluggish unit that happens. Typically a good wot pull will set it back to 1.

Just to doublecheck, when you uploaded your stage 2 map originally, it was a full reflash of the base map, right? You didn't just upload a realtime map?

The difference is that a reflash of the base map uploads ALL parameters necessary for your car to run stage 2 properly.

A realtime map will only update CERTAIN parameters. Realtime maps are useful for things like if you're on a Stage 2 base map, and you want to say... change it to 91 octane instead of 93, or you want to upload a valet mode map. Realtime map flashing is VERY fast.

BASE map flashing is slow, and requires you to connect the green connectors in your car to do it.

Your AP should tell you which BASE map is currently flashed on there. Just doublecheck that it's the correct BASE map. And then upload the realtime map again as well.

Don't unmarry and remarry. That'll just result in you resetting the ECU again and having to wait for everything to relearn.

Thanks for the replies.

@ iNVAR - yes it was a reflash, when installing, connected green tabs and I checked to see that I was still had the stg 2 map 91 which I was running. What do you mean by uploading the realtime map again? Isn't it real time anyway? I ask because I do not know.

Thanks again.

If you uploaded the stage 2 map as a base map, and never uploaded a different realtime map, then you should be fine. The realtime map will be the same as your base map. You can always upload the realtime map again to be sure, it doesn't hurt.

Archived