LegacyGT.com

Drag Wheels

armax1980

I have those too. and noticed the same regarding the lip. i have to buy a new one because I bent one. cheaper to buy a new vs. repair the old
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

i have 18" dr-19s gloss black with chrome lips and they are nice for the price but heavy and the chromw scrahes easily. i only use them in summer months for now but noxt winter i may keep the chrome lip and spray the black QSM to match the car body.

I'm looking at the 18x7.55 dr-35s in gunmetal w/ machined lip with some yokohama s.drives in 215/40/18 when I replace my tires in a few months. So I'm interested in seeing how you guys all like your drags.

And fantastipotamus, do you have your car lowered at all or anything? I know I'm waiting to put lowering springs on until I've put my new wheels and tires on so I know how much room I have to play with.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 4 months later...
Get your Drag Wheels from a Vendor. Subarugeneration has INSANE pricing on Drag Wheels. He is an authorized retailer. I got a set of DR-31 in 17x8 from him. Showed up 1 day after paying. Use them on the drag strip. No, really my Drag wheels are for the drags. Love them. Great for the money.

Do you have to replace the lug nuts? Or can I skip that?

Also, the DR-33's have both bolt hole patterns visible, do they look like that in person, or are the extra holes not on your particular pattern?

Also they list the center hub as 5x100/114, does that mean is has some sort of oddball adapter, of that you can get it in either size?

I checked http://www.subarugeneration.com and didn't see a section for wheels.

Get your Drag Wheels from a Vendor. Subarugeneration has INSANE pricing on Drag Wheels. He is an authorized retailer. I got a set of DR-31 in 17x8 from him. Showed up 1 day after paying. Use them on the drag strip. No, really my Drag wheels are for the drags. Love them. Great for the money.

The price on 17" DR-33's at discounttiredirect right now is $460 minus $50 online discount and free shipping, so $410/set. Was it lower than that?

• 6 months later...

Bump from the depths to say that:

a) joeblow, I do not have my car lowered at all, no, but:

b) they stopped rubbing after a week or so of very light interference, and they're fine now (though they're sitting in my basement waiting for spring). So whatever caused the interference problem either wore down, or the tires lost the tiny fraction of an inch which was causing the problem. *shrug*

Wow this one came back from the way dead. I ended up doing lowering springs first and then going way over the top of the Drags and getting some Work wheels from ravspec and had to roll the rears.

This bump just made me realize how crazy I've gotten on my car since then.

It's cool; I'm with the band

The price on 17" DR-33's at discounttiredirect right now is $460 minus $50 online discount and free shipping, so $410/set. Was it lower than that?

I inquired on a price for some dr-31's about a mont ago from our resident vendor... Price was higher than discount tire. Guess I'm not cool enough for better pricing... Lol

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

The first set of custom wheels that I put on my 2010 Legacy were Drag DR-36's. Within days of installing them, the plastic chrome plated rivets that decorate the circumference of each wheel began falling out. Needless to say, they've been replaced with a different brand of wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm contemplating Drag DR-44 wheels, a BBS LM replica:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/drad44.glm.ang.jpg

$410 shipped for 17x7.5 5x100/114 +45 offset

Hard to find pics of them with this size/offset however. Best I could do is

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/JeiDmCivic/FitDrag1.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/JeiDmCivic/FitDrag2.jpg

The first set of custom wheels that I put on my 2010 Legacy were Drag DR-36's. Within days of installing them, the plastic chrome plated rivets that decorate the circumference of each wheel began falling out. Needless to say, they've been replaced with a different brand of wheel.

I've been in contact with Drag - they'll replace the rivets for you under warranty if you ask. That said, I think I'll be looking at alternatives too.

Archived