LegacyGT.com

Annapolis Subaru selling Cobb AP 2.0

wimwam

So im in Annapolis Subaru and what do I see in the parts shop, Cobb AP 2.0 ... They are selling them for 695 shipped 685 if I pick it up. That's pretty awesome that they are at the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

It does void the warrenty. I bought my LGT from annapolis and spoke to rebecca in parts bout it. Makes ZERO sense. If I installed like tiens and shit on the car they would void the warrenty and yet they sell the stuff?? No sense...

Zac

To say the least lol Annapolis Subaru themselves run a very good service department and parts. However, they kill your warrenty for the slightest mod. So if you stay stock they are amazing. Otherwise, don't even try.

Zac

I wonder if I could use Subaru Bucks. I have $700 worth in the desk drawer.

Yes, you can.

*** I do not work for the service department and anything I say is my personal opinion and is not official in any way***

I think you guys have a convoluted understanding of how your warranty works at a dealer. In a nutshell:

You buy an Accessport from Jackie. We won't install it on your car. We won't "red flag" your warranty for purchasing the Accessport. If you bring your car in with engine problems (most likely a result of the increased power from the mods/AP), we probably won't "red flag" your warranty as long as you don't expect for the repairs to be made under warranty. If you do, you are in the wrong for expecting for the manufacturer to pay for repairs for damage caused by an increase in power over what the vehicle was designed to make.

This is also assuming a "direct link" between problem and modification. If you come in with an intake and are complaining about suspension problems (with a stock suspension), chances are good you won't have too many problems.

The same thing goes for things like suspensions and clutches. However those you can pay to have installed. Just don't expect for Subaru to pay for any problems they may cause. "You have to pay to play." If you want Subaru to cover the tab for problems, don't mod the car.

--Andy Juskelis

Sales & Leasing

Annapolis Subaru

Archived