LegacyGT.com

Stereo and AC Display?

showbo

This started Saturday night. My raido and AC display is off, and won't turn on. I mess with the audio fuse and it works, sometimes it will come back on, sometimes it won't. And it finally gets to the point where the AC or Raido won't even turn on.

So at first, display was off, both still worked.

Then display and both don't work.

Mess with fuse, it comes back on, but problem comes back within hours.

Anyone else have this problem

I have an 06 LGT, for those who are too lazy to read under my name :)

2005 LGT. I'm having similar problems with my car. When driving the car the volume will change by itself. The temperature will also change to different temps by itself. I will be driving along and see the volume go to another setting or the indicated temp setting change. The volume usually goes down, but not a consistent amount each time. The temp can go up or down and is usually different on each side. Dealer says they have to witness it. It might be every 5 minutes or a couple times a month though. Now my cruise control will cancel at odd times, but usually more often when just cresting a hill. If I hit resume, it might last 2 seconds or two minutes before kicking off again. Any ideas. The dealer and Subaru help basically said if they don't see it, it doesn't happen...

2005 LGT. I'm having similar problems with my car. When driving the car the volume will change by itself. The temperature will also change to different temps by itself. I will be driving along and see the volume go to another setting or the indicated temp setting change. The volume usually goes down, but not a consistent amount each time. The temp can go up or down and is usually different on each side. Dealer says they have to witness it. It might be every 5 minutes or a couple times a month though. Now my cruise control will cancel at odd times, but usually more often when just cresting a hill. If I hit resume, it might last 2 seconds or two minutes before kicking off again. Any ideas. The dealer and Subaru help basically said if they don't see it, it doesn't happen...

They're not gonna play that game with me... I've had that run around before with the dealer.

EVERY time the problem came up, I sceduled it to be taken in, and demanded a loaner.

After the 5th time, they just replaced the problem part, after never witnessing it... :lol:

"Insert Signature Here"

Its currently doing it right now for me. My Display is VERY VERY VERY DIM. like, its barely noticable. Then i goes away completly. I play with the fuse, and it might come back on, but im just messing with the Audio Fuse. Im not sure which fuse, if any, are for the "display for radio and AC" so iono man. I got a date with the dealer next friday.

Also, the other reason im going into the dealer is my door handle on the drivers side, inside door handle, has a CRACK in it? I was like, WTF IS THAT. 85xx miles on the car, and its already falling apart on me. Weak sauce. This might very well be the last subaru i buy :(

I can live with ghosts in the car changing the volume and temp once in a while, but the cruise is about worthless now unless your trip is 500 yards. These are not the only problems I have with the car and I'm not impressed. My dad was looking at an Outback, but he has changed his mind now. It will probably be my last Subie. Hell, even my first car ($65 Charger) had a working cruise and no ghosts for the few years I had it.

I had a headlight go out this weekend. tried another bulb - NG. Then I got in to drive and NO RADIO or TEMP stuff.!!!! Stopped for errand- then restarted car and all works???? Sounds like SHOWBO's issue. Had similar with temp during winter and A/C indicator coming on, when not in AUTO mode. Of course dealer is not at all giving Customer Service.

I can live with ghosts in the car changing the volume and temp once in a while, but the cruise is about worthless now unless your trip is 500 yards. These are not the only problems I have with the car and I'm not impressed. My dad was looking at an Outback, but he has changed his mind now. It will probably be my last Subie. Hell, even my first car ($65 Charger) had a working cruise and no ghosts for the few years I had it.

Your problem with the cruise control is due to a faulty neutral switch. It's a known problem, and a call by the dealership to the Techline should confirm it. Essentially, your ECU thinks you are moving the shifter out of gear and it cancels the cruise control (try it, it works).

You can also search on here for a resolution. I believe there is even a "homebrew" fix if you don't get your dealership to do the work they should.

• 3 years later...
i have a 2005 lgt wagon & the dealer replaced my radio after i complained about it two different times. it was replaced with about 30k on it & now has 93k. on a trip to los angeles last weekend the display went blank, thank goodness i already set the a/c or i would've been burning up with my 10 month old daughter in the car! it just came back on the next time i started the car so i set the a/c on high just in case. i'm not sure what causes this problem, but if someone figures it out please let me know! there should be a recall on these units as i see that i'm not the only one having this problem. the old radio used to change volumes & have weird displays on at random times!

Hey everyone,

Mine just started acting up today. The radio functions properly except the AC display. The AC display just went blank. The AC still works and I'm able to adjust it. I just wish the display would work!...

Anyone find a solution to this yet??

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump. Did anyone ever try replacing the fuse? (Even if it looks like its not blown). My '06 LGT just started this on Sunday: Radio display, HVAC display and computer (time, temp, etc. display under the storage compartment) are all blank.

I checked the fuse, but didn't appear blown, so I put it back in. Perhaps I will try to replace it with a new fuse just to see what happens.

Archived