LegacyGT.com

Semi truck Versus Outback head-on on NE Marine Drive

Wow...haven't seen or heard anything about this one but that is pretty encouraging...While teh front end is completely destroyed the passenger compartment seems relatively intact and it appears as if both front doors were operational.

The Outback ride height probably helped. That's the advantage of higher riding vehicles like SUVs in these types of collisions with mismatched vehicles. I am afraid a Legacy, particularly a lowered one, would end up under the rig :eek:

"A man driving the Subaru was taken to Legacy Emanuel Hospital with possibly life-threatening injuries"

I wouldn't exactly call that encouraging.....

I'd rather be alive and hurt than smooshed under the rig and decapitated. Atleast he has a fighting chance.

*dibs on the roof rack

the fact that he is alive and not dead have a million of posibilities and chances.

If there was family in the back seat they would be alive, that is what is important to me.

Imagine if this was a kia, honda, toyota , small ford , im afraid i could not say the same.

Subaru safety FTW!I used to have a 1999 Forester, mom was driving and I was the passenger...car was totaled with major front end damage after knocking down a big wooden electrical pole but both of us didnt have a scratch.

Archived