LegacyGT.com

Fog Light Question

rtto5588

Just hoping to have some questions answered and have some people give me some opinions. I have a 2.5i SE that didn't come with fog lights. I tried to negotiate the OEM fog lights but the dealer was giving me the run around about how he didnt' have it in stock etc. Plus he quoted me 450 with installation. So, I'm looking at alternatives.

I had two questions:

1) Is there anywhere I could go to buy fog light covers? Sort of like the STI fog light covers?

2) What do you guys think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SUBARU-LEGACY-05-06-LED-FOG-LIGHTS-2-5-i-GT-LAMPS-JDM_W0QQitemZ220036624181QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33709QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Would it be easy to install?

Thanks in advance for all comments!

I had the same problem when I bought my car, they wanted over $500 and said they were selling them to me at cost.

I bought the OEM lights online at subarupartsmall.com for $265 plus shipping. I had an issue installing them because the instructions are for the 2005/2006 and the 2007 is a little different. Once I cleared it up with Subaru directly the install was about 30 minutes. Very, very simple. Just remove the wiring harness supplied with the OEM fog lights and connect the vehicle wiring harness directly to the fog light. The kit for the 2007 comes with the covers.

There is actually no need to drop the access panel to install the supplied relay. You can reach just enough to fit it in through the fuse box door.

I was able to work the fog lights in when i bought the car. First i got them to go as low as they would go on the price of the car. Then I told the i would only buy the car if they threw in the fog lights. They agreed to my surprise. But the fog lights they installed came with black covers, they wernt color coded with the car. But they look kinda good like that so i didnt say anything.

All 2007's have black covers. Only 05-06 are color coded.

I got the limited, so it came with the fog lights. I say well worth the money to upgrade from a subaru parts outlet, but not worth 500 bucks.

X

---

The 2007 comes only with black covers, the 2005/2006 had body color matched covers. I too like the black. The fog lights make a big difference in the look of the car. I highly recommend them.

cool i did not know that

Archived