LegacyGT.com

Well I went to a small install day with a couple of people and i noticed i needed to get an oil change done, so i bought the oil and the guys there helped me out. I was around 10,200ish and switched to Mobil 1 synthetic oil. My friend accidentally put too much oil in (i think 5 quarts), but after getting it off the jack, the oil level only read 3/4s full.

After about 2 weeks since the change, i'm at 1/4s mark. I'm sure its burning oil way too fast, but then i've read that Mobil 1 burns a lot, or the engine burns a lot of synthetic to break in with the system.

I have not noticed any smells or seen any leaks but i'm going to look at the plastic undercarriage today to check...

o thing i noticed about the oil consumption with mobil 1 synthetic is that it pretty much stops after the first full run of the oil. this is the third cycle of mobil synthetic oil in my wifes car and it barely consumes any oil. i dont know if it takes the first run to get into the engine fully or what. just my 2 cents...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived