LegacyGT.com

Evil Lime Drippings!

Parking outside is not a good option here. No spaces.

Cover would be OK, 'cept it's a wagon with ski rack in winter. Not easy to cover.

Mostly I just try to make sure I park in spaces free of threat from drips, but, occasionally, I get hit anyway. Happened just last Friday. Luckily I caught it quickly, before any serious damage....

No, no, nooooo,,

It's "Put de lime in de coconut and drink 'em both down," mon:icon_tong

No, it's "Put the lime in the Coke, you nut". :lol: That was marketing genius right there.

A car cover is what you should get. It isn't hard to get one that will fit with your ski rack as long as you aren't talking about more than 6 inches more over the height of the car. You don't want this stuff on your paint. It will etch even the toughest of paint. Our paint is pretty crappy, so take extra care of it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Sure there are ways to fix it, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't prevent it. An ounce of prevention is worth 10 gallons of cure for some people. ;) Vinegar won't fix the etching of the clear coat when you wait too long to get it off anyway. It's better to do anything possible to prevent it.

I am almost certian that you would have a cause of action against whoever owns the garage for any damage the garage causes your car. Door dings aren't their fault, but acid dripping from the ceiling certianly is.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

You don't need gallons of vineegar. Heck, I used to sell 12 OZ bottles of vinegar disguised with Jade east aftershave to garages for 12.00 bucks a bottle. They loved it since they are responsible.:icon_bigg
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Does the lime come out of the concrete, or are there lime trees?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the lime they're talking about is calcium oxide. It has nothing to do with fruit. In fact, lime juice would probably remove these lime stains ;)

Had never heard of this before - even when I lived in Maine for three years. I'll have to check my parking structure here (where I park every work day) and see if there's any evidence of the lime drip. When it rains here, it comes down like there's no tomorrow and I have seen water seeping out of the cracks in the overhead sections.

What are the tell-tale signs to look for? Something on the garage floor, roof, support structure, what? If I know what to look for, I'll avoid if I see it.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

In my old, leaky, drippy parking structure, it happens even on rainless/snowless days- that's how it happened to my 2 day old LGT.

It's hard to spot on the structure itself, if it doesn't rain very often (I lived in San Diego for 5 years myself). But it stains your paint white, thus hard to detect on a white car. I guess you could scope out the roof of your parking spot to check for signs of prior dripping.

Archived