LegacyGT.com

Tail lights but no brake lights

So I am stuck. I have checked all drivers side fuse box and engine compartment relays and also replaced the brake switch at the pedal. I have tail lights turn signals and reverse lights. The only thing not working is all of my brake lights. Nothing has changed over the past couple days, no out of the ordinary bumps or jerking or jarring, just stopped working out of the blue. Anybody have any hidden relays or fuses they know of?

OK solved it, kind of stupid on my part because I didn't check it in the first place. Never in a million years would I have thought to check the bulbs since it was all of the brake lights. The passenger brake light bulb filament was burned out, and I guess that caused the rest not to work. Stupid if you ask me but that was the problem. I replaced them all as to avoid any future issues.

• 6 years later...
Hi there! Just wanted to say thanks for the post! For some reason it never occurred to me that there would be a single bulb with two filaments inside. I was panicking over the exact same issue, only to find the exact same thing you did. Forgot the golden K.I.S.S. rule: Keep It Simple Stupid. If something isn't lighting up, check the thing that's supposed to light up first. Haha. Cheers!