LegacyGT.com

Wheel paint

rockford33

I was doing some poking around last night since I was reading some posts about curb rash. I think I may have found the paint code for the wheels for the 05-06 LGT. Per a touch up paint website I found, the paint code is SK1, Silver Metallic. This is from automotivetouchup.com, which sent me to Sherwin Williams Automotive where I could search a database for the paint code by the part. The only problem I found is that this is the only site that had the paint code, and it seems to be only available in a pint or more ($66!!).

Are there any Suby techs or employees that could verify this paint code for the wheels, or if anyone is passing by a Suby dealer tomorrow see if they can order a bottle of touch up? I have some curb rash I want to clear up when it gets warm, but I don't want to play pick the silver paint that matches at the auto parts store.

-Neil

Well, I was able to check at my local Subie dealer and they do not sell wheel paint. The parts guy said there wasn't even a paint code for it. Something to do with how the wheel is painted it isn't just a touch-up job. Not sure if I believed him. I guess the search continues for touching up curb rash...

Archived