LegacyGT.com

can someone recomend an east bay tuner to do my ecu.

zanzabar

i am on stock with the only changes i know of being the silencer removed. i am only getting 19mpg so i was thinking it was time for a tune. i have the 5EAT so i was not expecting magic, but under 20 is ridiculous.

on a second thought should i just get the access port and run the stock cobb tune.

• 2 weeks later...
Kind of in the same boat and now looking at going with an Etune with Mike at Infamous to work with the AP I have. None of the base maps Cobb has is fitting my needs as I have a couple of aftermarket peices in play. Right now deciding on my next steps to make this right for the long term. Once these HW decisions are made I can talk to Mike about a specific tune. with 19mpg somthing is for sure wrong and you need t be sure it's not mechanical or electrical (sensor/solinoid failure) first.

i dont have a lack of power, the avcs is kicking in, it does not smell rich, and affter running a couple tanks i found it was just the trip computer that is wrong. i have a buddy with a wrx hawk eye and it is quicker than that so i think that there is some kind of tune.

do you have any recommendations for a shop as i am thinking of going catless up pipe and tune this fall.

I've only had Garage One work on the car other than the stealership out here so check them out. There are other tuning options out there so you can do it yourself... If your like me I don't have the time or the energy to get into it that far... I'm friggen close though. The AP is just a clean interface for my needs. Just wish my car liked the base maps that Cob has out there at the moment. With Infamous there is the option of having a custom AP tun setup for your car. It's 150 bucks and six tries in a few weeks to tweak it perfect after some log sharing and such.

But first you really need to decide on your goals. How far do you want to take it.

Far as the milage is concerned I get similar in town. All depends on that foot. From my understanding though the stock map is very lean so anything to resolve that and get some pep in your stock setup would not hurt at all.

GST is in the East Bay, I know a few folks who have had their cars tuned there but unsure of price and/or level(s).

You found the problem ( trip comp ) however if it were a true mileage drop a "tune" isn't usually what will resolve the issue. Check for things like vac/air leaks or fueling solutions. Tune only modifies certain parameters and isn't a substitute for maintenance/repair work.

Last the stock map is both lean and rich. Lean at lower RPM's for emission and very very rich for boost conditions.

sorry i have not checked in on the thread.

some one backed into my car so it has to go to the body shop so i have not been looking into the ecu. it seams like it runs really rich and i bought used so i just want it checked out. i also want to go for a catless up pipe this winter just to make sure i leave nothing to kill the turbo and GST looks like the place to go.

Archived