LegacyGT.com

Stupid gas mileage!!

So, this is what my trip meter said when I got home. about 95% hwy driving at 55 mph w/ cruise. I filled it up, and reset the trip before the 79 mile trip, and the gas guage has barely started to move. I'll update at the end of the week for a total mileage breakdown, and actual mileage. we all know the one in the car embellishes by a couple mpgs......stay tuned!

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/0607091823.jpg

I haven't calculated it yet. that's just what it said after an 80 mile trip. I will post what the computer says when I get to empty, and I will calculate it myself using how much fuel I put in to fill it against the miles traveled. I'm sure it will be off by at least 1.5

ok, so the tank is empty. what a boring week. the trip got to 511 miles, using 15.239 gal to fill. the computer read 35.1 avg mpg. actual calculated mileage.....33.5 mpg. wow, so the computer was off by 1.6mpg. so i was pretty close in my guesstimate of how far the thing would be off.

• 1 month later...
i wish i got more then 20.76MPG. got less then 200 miles out of 9 gallons. i think theres something fishy about my gauge, was on E and only took 9 gallons to fill. should have taken about 14-15 gallons. gotta check my receipt.

suddenly your car is a prius! :lol:

ya know the fuel gauge on my car is weird, maybe everyone's does this.. but it falls the 1st 1/4 tank very slow, guzzles through the 2nd 1/2 and then the 3rd 1/4 moves quickly until it gets to an 1/8th.. then it moves very slowly again.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

It stinks, my commute is far too hilly for the first 18 of 40 miles.

My 09 N/A started out getting 28mpg normal driving, and declined by 5,000 miles to get under 23. But it was a Lemon.

The first tank in my OBXT has been averaging 23.9 all-city.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

ya know the fuel gauge on my car is weird, maybe everyone's does this.. but it falls the 1st 1/4 tank very slow, guzzles through the 2nd 1/2 and then the 3rd 1/4 moves quickly until it gets to an 1/8th.. then it moves very slowly again.

this is true of all subaru's i've been in where the gauge is slow then guzzles through.

on a highway cruise, first quarter i get like ~120mi, second quarter its around 210mi. i live on the country side, but no matter how i drive, its always atleast ~200mi at half tank. the gauge is precise, but not accurate, unless its a conspiracy.

• 2 months later...

Archived