LegacyGT.com

07 lgt DEAD, Computers Bad!!

Had my brand new car towed to the dealer on monday! they said the keys lost communication to the computer brains in the car. they tried to re-program the keys to the car with out luck! Now im driving a rental for about a week till they can recieve the computers from subaru. Also they have to remove and install a new dash in my car, due to a bubble that formed in the dash above the cubby!! So many problems WTF i only have 1100 miles on the car and only drove 50 miles with my new megan exahust!. I also contacted subaru co. directly and talked to Customer/Dealer Services Department and they are taking care of it promply, Oh well anyone wlse having problems??????

Sorry to hear of your troubles Marty. Sh!t happens though. ECU have been known to go bad. An isolated occurance to be sure, but since virtually all the systems in the car are run by the ECU, if it goes for whatever reason, there goes everything else. Look at the bright side, it's under warranty, they are taking care of it promptly and you get to put mileage on someone else's car for free in the meantime.:)

Sounds like a bubble i had on my car right smack dab in the middle of my dash. It was a bad screw or something so they have to change the whole top and then after they did i noticed the centre vents' frame wasn't flush to begin with because of warped plastic quality. sigh.

Thankfully i haven't had many technical glitches so far but the amount of cosmetic problems i've had since i got it about 8 months ago beats any big technical problem (which would be the last straw actually). So touch-wood no technical glitch that i can notice so far. But yes - Subaru warranty will take care of everything and make sure you get it all fixed during the warranty time - even if its a tiny squeak or any panel millimeter off the mark. I guess you'll have to be patient with yourself in that department as long as you drive a Subaru.

For now i am just having fun with how the awd handles the ice here in TO. Never getting too confident though.

I had an interesting problem with my 07...600 miles in....my belt broke, my cam shaft (they said, evaporated basically) and my pulley broke, they had to replace the engine block and I was without my car for 3 weeks. Also the panel where the shifter is, is defective and my speekers make something rumble inside the door, when I apply pressure to the door the rumbling goes away.

I had an interesting problem with my 07...600 miles in....my belt broke, my cam shaft (they said, evaporated basically) and my pulley broke, they had to replace the engine block and I was without my car for 3 weeks. Also the panel where the shifter is, is defective and my speekers make something rumble inside the door, when I apply pressure to the door the rumbling goes away.

:eek:

OMFG - I think the *exact* same thing (ECU issue) just happened to my '07!

We had a big (OK, big for Portland) snowstorm, so I parked the Spec.B for 2 days (it has RE050As on it that are worthless in the snow). Went out to unlock the car today with the remote...nothing. Tried my other remote - no dice. Unlocked the car manually, and tried to start it...the gauges illuminate briefly (but no "needle sweep"), idiot lights come on, HVAC fan comes on (but climate control does not light up), and the car will not start.

Dealer wants it to be towed in....I waited on hold with Subie's roadside assistance for about 25 minutes before giving up. Will try again in the morning. Grrrr. I was supposed to get my pinks installed tomorrow.

Damn, I hate it when something happens and you cant install new parts! And what a bummer on such a new car! My subie roadside assistance is about up since im approaching 36k. Are you saying its not worth it? Hope its nothing serious and you get them pinks on. (damn storm ruining things!)

OMFG - I think the *exact* same thing (ECU issue) just happened to my '07!

We had a big (OK, big for Portland) snowstorm, so I parked the Spec.B for 2 days (it has RE050As on it that are worthless in the snow). Went out to unlock the car today with the remote...nothing. Tried my other remote - no dice. Unlocked the car manually, and tried to start it...the gauges illuminate briefly (but no "needle sweep"), idiot lights come on, HVAC fan comes on (but climate control does not light up), and the car will not start.

Dealer wants it to be towed in....I waited on hold with Subie's roadside assistance for about 25 minutes before giving up. Will try again in the morning. Grrrr. I was supposed to get my pinks installed tomorrow.

Low battery?

Yikes...that's scary. I have a 2007 LGT purchased in mid November. I haven't had any problems like you are mentioning and pray that I don't. I'm sorry that happened to you, but am hoping it can be chalked up to reliability statistics curve....

Let us know how it works out in both the above mentioned situations.

OK - My issue ended up being the battery (as Opie suspected). The dealer thinks that one of the sensors that turn on the interior lights when the door is open may have spazzed out and caused the battery to drain ove r a day and a half. Not sure, I buy that, but they said to keep an eye on it and let them know if it has any more issues. I am *so glad* that I am not going to have to wait a week (or more) for a new ECU.

I hope you get back up and running soon, BNSF! :)

OK - My issue ended up being the battery (as Opie suspected). The dealer thinks that one of the sensors that turn on the interior lights when the door is open may have spazzed out and caused the battery to drain ove r a day and a half. Not sure, I buy that, but they said to keep an eye on it and let them know if it has any more issues. I am *so glad* that I am not going to have to wait a week (or more) for a new ECU.

I hope you get back up and running soon, BNSF! :)

I think they fixed the same problem as mine, they said it was the Radio that caused the drain. I've had the car for almost a week since then. But this morning, my Radio Presets were gone. So I might have to bring it back it in.

Here's the thread to my post: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51200

WTF, my '06 had a bad pass seat heater. It took over a month to get it fixed. With all the rattles in my car and others this kind of Q&A stuff annoys me. Does anybody have hard numbers on Subaru's Q&A compared to other manufacturers? Maybe they should just move production back to Japan where people actually care about their jobs?

Forgive me for the repost, but I think my issue is also valid in this thread as well.

I posted to the "Battery dead after 2 days" thread about this.

In a nutshell:

My 07 SpecB with 2100 miles has had the battery die over 5 times when parked for more then 2 days.

Dealer didn't believe me the first time, said i left the lights on!

Second time, they replaced the map light, it was defective.

Then they found another drain on the battery.

Verdict:

Defective Engine Control Module!

They don't know what to do about it, and have called SOA and are waiting to here back!

Here's an update on my car:

After the second trip to the dealer they replaced the battery. Everythhing else they tested came up OK.

I have not been able to leave it for more than a night yet to confirm the fix (darn those new pink springs!), but I will let you know as soon as I have done so.

Archived