LegacyGT.com

Stereo/HVAC controls losing power intermittently (08 SpecB)

havanahjoe

For the past year or so, my car's HU and HVAC displays go off and come back on while driving. I notice this happening more often when it's hot, or after hot days.

The HVAC controls still work when the display is off, but the audio from the HU stops working. You can hear the audio fade as if you had turn the car off. So there's definitely a power problem.

The question I have is, does the HVAC display use the same ACC power as the HU? I don't remember the HVAC display coming on when in ACC. It probably uses the same 12V power line as the HU. And the actual HVAC control is probably on a different power source.

I have a Parrot kit installed in line behind it all. The Parrot kit does not lose power, so now that I am typing this up, I am thinking that my install of the Parrot probably has a loose cable somewhere. I'll have to go in and look into it, might as well fix my hazard button which has been disconnected for, oh about 4 years.

I haven't been on the Interior Audio forum in a while and man are there tons of things I could be doing to the car! Auto Up/Down windows, control windows with the remote, a full writeup on the Double DIN HU replacement, and the sunroof control module. I want to do them all! Along with replacing the carpet since mine has a big hole on the driver's side.

• 2 weeks later...
Had the same issue, mostly just the characters intermittently going out or showing as garbled text. Stereo and climate controls still functioned while this was going on. I took it apart and touched up some solder joints where the connections are made and haven't had an issue since.

What?? I want that! I hate that I can't change them on the Legacy :(

Funny story: When my girls were young, I took them for a jaunt in the Vette. I switched to metric, which put the speedo into KM's.. The speedo was reading 130 and they were all giddy. I told them not to tell their mother. They ratted me out in no time flat. They told her I was doing 130 MPH on the highway! In reality I was only doing about 80 MPH :lol:

Funny story: When my girls were young, I took them for a jaunt in the Vette. I switched to metric, which put the speedo into KM's.. The speedo was reading 130 and they were all giddy. I told them not to tell their mother. They ratted me out in no time flat. They told her I was doing 130 MPH on the highway! In reality I was only doing about 80 MPH :lol:

LOL! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived