LegacyGT.com

first attempt at fender rolling

bace

so i had my first attempt at rolling my fenders 2 days ago. I rented a roller and bought a heat gun. I started with my front driver side fender. i ended up with a half inch crack and several hair line splits in the paint. I also saw after I was done that the fender flared out a lil bit but barely noticeable. the next day i did the rear driver side fenders but this time i would take it slower and more time heating the fender. i would heat up the sections of the fender where it would extremely hot when i touched it with my mechanics gloves on. I finished it up with no major cracks but only hairline splits in the paint where the metal was bent. Will I always have thin splits or do i just need to heat up the fenders even more?

• 2 weeks later...
U need to work the roller slower. gradual rolling is needed to stop it from cracking. its a painstaking process. I did it on my wrx with a roller and i did it over a 5 hr period with a heat gun as well. no cracks or paint splitting Slow is the way.

U need to work the roller slower. gradual rolling is needed to stop it from cracking. its a painstaking process. I did it on my wrx with a roller and i did it over a 5 hr period with a heat gun as well. no cracks or paint splitting Slow is the way.

troof...i did it with a wooden baseball bat and heat gun on my old civic, wasnt fun, but it looked fine

Archived