LegacyGT.com

need rotors??

midslik

Do you want "performance" brakes, or cool looking brakes? If it's performance you want, there's no reason to go beyond OEM style rotors and upgraded pads. The only thing that slotted rotors do for you is to wear the pads out quicker. The only thing that drilled rotors do for you is to give you an excuse to buy more rotors when they crack:lol:

Do you want "performance" brakes, or cool looking brakes? If it's performance you want, there's no reason to go beyond OEM style rotors and upgraded pads. The only thing that slotted rotors do for you is to wear the pads out quicker. The only thing that drilled rotors do for you is to give you an excuse to buy more rotors when they crack:lol:

^^^^

I still don't understand why people want slotted or drilled rotors for a daily driver. Removing contact area doesn't help performance when you aren't overheating the components.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

looking for new performance rotors and pads?? I was wanting either slotted or drilled or slotted and drilled. I want your opinions what brand and which is the best? thank you

No performance gain for either really. For looks mainly.

We offer both types along with Hawk HPS pads.

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=LGTSpecial

$189/pair for front slotted

$209/pair for front slotted/drilled

Hawk HPS are discounted with rotor purchase.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

^^^^

I still don't understand why people want slotted or drilled rotors for a daily driver. Removing contact area doesn't help performance when you aren't overheating the components.

1) Because they look cool

2) I've heard they help prevent warpage by keep the pad surface 'cleaner' since it's constantly scraping away at it.

3) See (1)

1) Because they look cool

2) I've heard they help prevent warpage by keep the pad surface 'cleaner' since it's constantly scraping away at it.

3) See (1)

1 and 3 make sense - 2 does not:lol:

"Warpage" (which is rare) has nothing to do with pad deposition. However, uneven pad deposition is often mistaken for "warpage."

I had repeated glazing of the stock brakes. Had them worked on as warranty work. Rotors turned, new OEM subaru pads, etc. Never really fixed the issue...:mad: Instead of going with stoptech or street sport grade, I figured it was only a little more for the DBA4000. I also never tried Hawk pads with OEM rotors (which may have solved the issue for a lot less $)

Changed over to DBA4000 club spec series slotted+HPS and no more glazing, no more issues, great pedal feel.:wub: I would not say they let me stop faster or anything but combined with summer tires they definately give me more driver confidence because of (percieved?) improved pedal feedback. I am happy with my purchase and would repeat it.

I would not say they let me stop faster or anything but combined with summer tires they definately give me more driver confidence because of (percieved?) improved pedal feedback. I am happy with my purchase and would repeat it.

That is a result of the HPS :)

Rotors dont improve brake feel or performance, other than the possbility of de-glazing pads. But your pads shouldnt be glazing if youre using the proper compound (or not the poor performing OEM pad compound).

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

1 and 3 make sense - 2 does not:lol:

"Warpage" (which is rare) has nothing to do with pad deposition. However, uneven pad deposition is often mistaken for "warpage."

I know what actual real warpage is. I've read the stoptech article, and I pass it along to everyone I run into. I forgot to put warpage into quotes. ;)

I just got a dimppled/ slotted set from Adams Rotors. Custom shop that can set you up. I also have a new set of Portfield R4S' ready to go. Got mine black zinc coated. $450 shipped to Canada. Hopefully will put them on over the next week or so. Depends how cold it is in the garage. ;)

Keep in mind I like to do things different..... hence no HPS pads or DBa rotors. Not that they are not good but I wanted a different looking rotor.

Whhhhyyy? I know to break them in I'll need some dry roads which all our main roads are. Is there something I am unaare of? Last time I worked on cars was Vancouver so weather was never an issue..... as long as you had a floatation device and a paddle :p

Archived