LegacyGT.com

debadging.

i can't remember where, but i found a sticky on debadging. Well i went to debadge my 97 lgt and the 2.5gt part came off great. looks beautiful. and while the sticky said there were no holes to fill or nothing, only glue, behing the legacy part there were definitely two holes. What do i do know? i can't really stick it back on, although i tried. It looks like shit and the le broke off some im driving a gacy right now. I hate how it looks and since i already got the 2.5gt part off and part of the legacy part, should i just go with it and take the rest off? and can i do something to fill in the holes and make it look decent on my black lgt? thanks for the help

Well in case you didn't read it, it does mention the two holes behind that badge. You can put a piece of black tape behind it for the time being to keep water out, or leave the partial badge in. The only other thing you can do is fill in the holes with body filler, sand, and paint. Personally, I would pop the deck lid off, do the filler and the prep work, and take it to a good painter to shoot. Shouldn't cost too much, maybe an hour labor and the paint.

after debadging, i painted them black. had just the "GT" one positioned over the holes and looked fine. then i painted all of em black(krylon fusion semi-flat) and returned them to their og spots.

you cant even see them unless your looking.

you could do that with the 2.5gt badge?

just ideas for you.

also, painted the trunk lid key hole. being the only thing chrome back there it really popped out. not inna good way

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/jahselectah/rear.jpg

:rolleyes: Deck lid = trunk. Take off the 'trunk' lid and mask anything you don't want painted. Sand the area around the holes, fill the holes, sand smooth. Once you have completed the prep work if you don't want to paint it yourself, take it to a body shop and talk to the painter. Haggle a decent price, shouldn't cost much as it will take a good painter no time at all to shoot it.

k i know i sound like a noob sorry, but would i have to take off the whole trunk? Cuz my buddy has a whole paint set up at his house and drives a 98 lgt. Hit a deer took off the mirror bought a black one, and painted it silver and looks like stock. So could I just fill the holes and then have him put some touch up paint on the holes? I know it may not look out of factory, but i don't need absolute perfection. What he could do should look good enough right, and besides its only two little holes

hmm.. im driving an egac right now.. its pretty awesome.. me and my friend in his 06 egac like to show off our badges...

(he laughed at me at first.. then did the same)

how difficult woudl you say ti is to fill and all that stuff on your own?

and how long? ill put the effort in to fill the holes.. but as of now it doesnt realyl matter to me...

Archived