LegacyGT.com

2011 2.5i premium tuning/ performance upgrades

So I just bought my 2011 2.5i premium legacy. My question is, are there any performance upgrades such as intakes, exhaust parts or any other components that are made fir that year and model or others that will work for it? I absolutely love it but I'm always power hungry. I have a 91 300zx twinturbo for my serious fun.

Since nobody else answered yet...

there are very few, and for a reason. They don't make a lot of difference on our cars. The standard answer from the long timers will be "trade it for a Legacy GT, the difference in cost is the best bang for the buck you will get".

If you still want to mod, snag an intake and exhaust so you sound fast, and rear sway bar and suspension bits so you feel fast.

Depends on how long you own it before you sell it, but I doubt it will hurt resale.

Not sure on the intake, but I hear the exhaust will work if you get or have a y-pipe made. That's something I want to do. I sent a request for a price to subaruparts and got this comical response though:

We do not recommend doing this, I was told by technicians that it will affect the running of the vehicle, that engine was designed to run only with single exhaust. The GT is a turbo model and that is why it has a different exhaust system.

:lol:

Tune is all that I have done on mine.

I doubt the air box will result in any gains, they don't seem to help the 3.6R or 2.5GT's. air box mods require a tune as well.

I have my doubts on seeing any gains from exhaust upgrades. I would have to see some noticable gain for me do it. Manufacturers have been putting on pretty good flowing mufflers for a while now. The only headers seem to be unequal length and they have been dyno'd zero gains. Exhaust upgrades is all about the sound.

I know that the best upgrade route is to buy the faster car. However the '11 GT are still probably a 7-8k more the 2.5i. The cost is not insignificant. (When buying my car new it was 10k more but since the 2.5gt was already discontinued, the only remaining 2.5GT had the $2k nav option so it was $12k or 50% more than I paid). As they get older the gap will close.

BTW do you have any mods to your 300zx TT. My friend had one of them years ago. He kept it stock and he babied it. Nice car, but tough to work on. I have a 91 GMC Syclone (turbocharged V6) with some mods which is my fun toy.

The tune for these cars is all about drivability! So many little annoying factors like rev holding or throttle modulation or idle creep can be resolved via the tune. tune for 89 or 93 if you like and see 6-8 more ponies but nothing you are going to feel while losing that race to a Corolla or other smaller displacement vehicle :lol: Now once you pull trigger on a boost option (SC or Turbo) you tune will mean life or blown EJ, but we have two shining examples of how reliable a boosted N/A can be here on these very forums. I would argue a boosted EJ253 is much more reliable than a EJ255. I guess when you have a solid foundation......:rolleyes:

People pay to tune all makes and models with little (panel filter) or no mods don't be such a drama queen:lol:

Life isn't about power all the time it's about enjoying the car you drive and it cost the same to eTune a 2.5i as does a GT.

People pay to tune all makes and models with little (panel filter) or no mods don't be such a drama queen:lol:

Life isn't about power all the time it's about enjoying the car you drive and it cost the same to eTune a 2.5i as does a GT.

Oh not a drama queen, just can't imagine the benefit of tuning my car, maybe I'm missing something?

I mean, my first car was a 1969 Camaro, and I loved tinkering and tuning in my driveway.

Ah the simple days when tuning didnt cost anything but your ability to adjust the carb and rotate the distributor :) And ATF was the simple fix for noisy lifters.

Tuning wise many benefits for the 2.5i owner mostly in the driveability category and shifting of the torque/tip in tables so power comes on faster and a few horses unlocked. Timing changes for higher OCT fuel as well. STi Mikey tunes 2.5i for $120-$150 very good mod for the money!

• 2 weeks later...
i need the ground clearance and the extra room in my outback over the legacy. i absolutely love my car except it doesn't have much power. i do some rallyx and i just plain miss power. the 6 cylinder doesn't offer very much more, it feels torquey to clueless people but wasn't worth an extra $7k and a higher rate of fuel consumption. im looking at a throttle controller and a tune. i also plan to remove the rear muffler because my bumper plastic got destroyed and now it hangs low. is there much else i can do?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived