LegacyGT.com

Paintless Dent Removal

aigochamaloh

Those who have had it done, how happy were you with the results?

Someone decided to ding my door today, even though I parked in the far corner of the lot. It's a good sized ding, running across the crease in the driver's side door, and it's about 5-6 inches long. I guess it's not a ding, it's like someone went and pushed their door into mine pretty good.

Ruined my day, two month old car. It was in the church parking lot, I know the car that was parked next to me, none of the passengers are fessing up. WTF is wrong with people.

I had a couple little dents repaired.

One on my door. One up high on the C-pillar (must have been doored by a high sitting truck) and one in the front quarter from a shopping cart.

Buddy of mine did it for minimal $$. Extremely happy with the results.

While driving by a rural field, I had a big John Deere mower throw a 3-inch diameter by 14-inch stick about 50ft into the side of my car. I thought I was in for the full patch and paint deal, and his insurance priced it out that way. I didn't like the idea of so much aftermarket paint and had a local PDR guy do it. He got the dent out flawlessly.

The clear coat was a bit scuffed, but a little work with my random-orbiter polisher and some Meguiars swirl remover followed by my usual Wolfgang's prepolish and sealant and you cannot tell where the damage was.

I will definitely use PDR in the future.

This has been brought up here many times and each time I say that I've had about 25+ dents removed from various cars in the last 10+ years.

Great results every time, 99% of the time you can't even tell where the dent was unless there was paint damage. Check in your area as to who has the best rep and use them.

It's a real skill though, I respect what these guys do... some of them are real artists.

That sucker is huge, and a vertical crease as well that goes right up to the factory belt line crease.

If a PDR guy can work his magic and make that bastard disappear, then give him a big tip!!

(basically I'm saying that this appears to be a monster of a dent and most likely won't guarantee that it will be completely removed.)

I got dinged by a motorcycle that fell into my side panel. Its not bad but it really hurts looking at it all the time. Is there anywhere that lists reputable shops for this kind of work, or can any body shop do it? Anyone know of any good shops in NYC area?

• 1 year later...
My car got hit by some old lady who didn't look or even hear me honking when she backed into my rear passenger side door. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to removing a dent? I've heard about a drier and upside down canned air but does anyone know the details or how it works? Also what is a car door made of?

2011323972_2010-09-0418_37_52.thumb.jpg.88afe2b7048dd859a14503a026c5f9a7.jpg

PDR isn't done by using heat or cold - ever. It's done by massaging the metal from behind and tapping from the outside, with some glue-on pull thingys (technical term) as needed.

If your paint hasn't cracked from the damage, there's a chance they really could fix that. You'd be surprised at how much they can do. If you've got a shop near you, ask them.

looks fixable. They may be able to get some or most of it out. but that is a big dent for pdr to handle alone. B ut like the prior poster said - you would be surprised what they can do!

we had about 14 dents pulled for like $300 or $350 in CT.... cash talked a bit for this guy. very impressed with the job too!

Archived