LegacyGT.com

Goodyear F1 Asym's - Stupid Cheap + $80 Rebate

hal9e3

I decided to renew this thread with a different title as there are several sizes on closeout. Examples: 235/40-17 for $77 and 245/40-17 for $88. These are '2007 Production' tires, whatever that means. I just put a set of 235/40-17's on and so far they're pretty good. Nice firm sidewall, stable cornering (no DWS lean here!), and reasonably quiet. With a treadwear rating of 240 I don't expect them to last too long, but at that price, who cares? With the rebate you're looking at << $100/tire delivered. Get 'em before they're gone!

The reason they list the 2007 date is because typically 5 years is kind of the "don't use these tires anymore" lifespan. That said, Tirerack probably stores them in better conditions than most, and if you need a set of really nice performance tires to tear apart on an AutoX course, these are a great option.

Do *NOT* drive on these in the cold/snow. You will end yourself. >45 deg F only.

I would not call GY F1 Asymmetric "something with better snow performance".

These are summer tires.

Krzys

Hence... Holding out for tires with better snow performance?

I didn't really explain my situation but my decision I need to make real quick here is keep my stock wheels and buy some UHPAS tires that can do it all, or buy these tires now and run them for 2 months or so, get new wheels and swap the summer tires onto those and get some decent all seasons for my winter wheels then.

I go up to big bear or mammoth almost every weekend in winter but my weekly commute/daily driving will never encounter any snow. I've run summer tires year round on my prelude and never had any issues but I didn't take that car to the mountains. I don't know if I can or should justify a winter set of wheels/tires. This will be my first winter with my legacy, previously I've traded my dad for his outback on weekends but the Michelin hydro edges that I've come to really like in the snow don't really offer the dry performance I'd like.

Archived