LegacyGT.com

UEL headers on 2005 legacy

Thanks for the help everyone.

Now it's time to order some UEL's and get the rumble out;)

On an off note, I am pretty sure I have seen you around here in Littleton... I have an 07...

And really? I have a Yakima roof rack on my car now, and temp tags.

where a-bouts did you see me?

Is the other header type the ones that wrap around the oil filter? Those make for a painful oil change.

They do. I think they started in '06, and added a few torques. And complicated fitting a skid plate.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

To the OP if you get UEL's and not Borlas get the higher cost eBay ones trust me you dont want to chop and reweld (as I have done on two sets of cheap-O's) also wrap them to guard against the "sewing machine" sound. And don't use the supplied gaskets get OEM ;)

To the OP if you get UEL's and not Borlas get the higher cost eBay ones trust me you dont want to chop and reweld (as I have done on two sets of cheap-O's) also wrap them to guard against the "sewing machine" sound. And don't use the supplied gaskets get OEM ;)

I was planning on getting Borla replicas off of ebay like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-05-Subaru-Impreza-2-5RS-Exhaust-Header-UEL-2-5-RS-04-/110536011752?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bc75afe8#ht_3430wt_1010) would these not require chopping and reweldding?

Thanks

So i'd have to buy like a legacy gt cat back exhaust and then extend the sensors too?

No you need to go to this link and scroll down:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5-lgt-header-mod-fit-2-5i-104369p12.html?highlight=LGT

However chances are you wont be able to find a guy to weld cast iron where you live soooooooo you can do the exact same mod as pictured above only you need to use a manifold like this with a cat :

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/42af9773-1.jpg

The only thing you need to do is bolt them on no chopping no welding :)

Will these do anything for you besides a cool rumble?

I think they are supposed to increase torque/hp.

But I don't think there have been any dynos on our NA legacies to confirm anything. (let alone almost any dynos for anything)

Maybe if you look at results from imprezas with ej253, you may see something. I think people with imprezas may have ran more dynos then us.

Also maybe, the 2.5RS guys may have something to confirm, theyve been around for a while.

Archived