LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy Rain Guards

• 1 month later...

I don't smoke, but I am also interested in rain guards for my 08 Legacy GT Wagon. I live in Vancouver, and in case you haven't heard, we get a bit of rain here.

With the use of rain guards is the wind noise coming from the windows (frameless!!!) reduced at all when driving at highway speeds? Or, does it get any worse?

To the poster above.....Since you are in vancouver, all you have to do is go to your local Canadian Tire and order a set of rain gaurds specifically for your subaru legacy. They take about a week to arrive and hold on to you car with very sticky tape. They cost around 80 bucks and can be installed in minutes. Because of the nature of our windows, one must caution when installing them. If they clear the windows too much, it leaves less protection from the rain, if they dont clear enough, the windows will hit them...they need to be installed just right.

So I take it you have rain guards from Crappy Tire installed on your Leggie? Does the smoked plastic colour go well with the DGM? Have you compared the Can-Tire rain guards to the JDM or Euro rain guards? $80 is a very attractive price if it works and looks good. Do they match the colour of the OEM bug shield? I'm going to pick up one of those from the US (they don't offer two different bug guards in Canada, just one for the 2.5i).

$80 in CA but nealry $300 with shipping from the UK or Japan?

If this is the case and the rain guards fit USDM and are Subaru, someone needs to make a run for the border.

Rehab is for quitters.

I have a pair of rainguards for my car and I am not sure I want to put them on because I dont think they will look that nice and also I dont think they will function properly because u can only open the window about a centimeter. Not having a door frame around the window makes it real hard to get rainguards because u have to stick the plastic right to the body. If I put them on I'll post some pics.

I cant find my receipt right now but i searched thru google and put in subaru legacy rainguards, but i ordered for an 05' because that was all I could find spent about $75 or 80 w ship but cant find email or receipt. They line up perfect and dont rub the window but you cant really roll the window down that much. brand is VAS ventshade i think they are part of lind but aint too sure. they say they also fit 05- 06 outback also right on package.

So I take it you have rain guards from Crappy Tire installed on your Leggie? Does the smoked plastic colour go well with the DGM? Have you compared the Can-Tire rain guards to the JDM or Euro rain guards? $80 is a very attractive price if it works and looks good. Do they match the colour of the OEM bug shield? I'm going to pick up one of those from the US (they don't offer two different bug guards in Canada, just one for the 2.5i).

They actually look really attractive, they are not those old looking large ones. They look very good on DGM and are pretty affective. I dont have the bug shield but I think that it would match, for the price its definitly worth it, if you need them ofcourse, oh yeah and you get 30+ horsepower because your vehicle becomes more aerodynamic. :lol: But seriously they are great.

I need to check them out then. I know a few people have bot the Subaru OEM ones but as most of you know, they cannot be bot in this country. This turns them into $300 rain guards including international shipping.
Rehab is for quitters.

I cant find my receipt right now but i searched thru google and put in subaru legacy rainguards, but i ordered for an 05' because that was all I could find spent about $75 or 80 w ship but cant find email or receipt. They line up perfect and dont rub the window but you cant really roll the window down that much. brand is VAS ventshade i think they are part of lind but aint too sure. they say they also fit 05- 06 outback also right on package.

I tihnk I found them. Are there 4 pieces? The OEM suabru ones are each one, long piece.

Rehab is for quitters.

I tihnk I found them. Are there 4 pieces? The OEM suabru ones are each one, long piece.

They are 4 piece, I will put up pics as soon as it stops raining, my car is clean but has a dust layer that I dont want turning into wet spots.

I suppose the 08 wagon should have the same fitment for this part as the 05/06 as listed.

$230 plus taxes (customs charges me when it crosses the border) is a little steep.

I want to see what the Crappy Tire versions look like on the Legacy before I decide which way to go!

Archived