LegacyGT.com

making my own endlinks

gto7419

Kartboys are $200. The moogs fail, the stockers fail, avo's fail, and the Perrin's fail spectacularly.....

So, I found the kartboy bushings and hardware for $60 shipped and I've got a ton of 6061 aluminum laying around 1" thick.

I guess I will have to take measurements off of the stock end links.

I can cut some rectangles out of my aluminum sheets on the band saw and then mill or sand down the corners.

I'll post up pictures when I get the bushings in the mail along with all my other supplies...

You can get kartboys for much less through infamous! especially with the sale he is running right now on sus components

I just checked his pricing and its $115 for the rears (Im assuming same for the fronts).

Even at 25% off, those things are WAY over priced and not much cheaper than the $200 I quoted above. The bushings themselves are overpriced too, but it makes my life really easy to have a reliable source if they wear out.

• 3 weeks later...
...or you could go to McMaster-Carr and create a set of Frankenstein endlinks. I looked at doing this at one time but it didn't come out much cheaper than aftermarket ones so I blew it off. Either way if you enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of specing and building your own go for it! I'm sure the legacygt community will appreciate your efforts.

...or you could go to McMaster-Carr and create a set of Frankenstein endlinks. I looked at doing this at one time but it didn't come out much cheaper than aftermarket ones so I blew it off. Either way if you enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of specing and building your own go for it! I'm sure the legacygt community will appreciate your efforts.

Appreciate the thoughts - I am going to assume you mean I should use rod ends with threaded rod?

This would be an inappropriate use for the rod end. They are not designed to take that kind of load under those conditions and will fail or make a significant amount of noise rather quickly if daily driven.

I already have my kartboy bushings and hardware I bought for $60 shipped. The hardware and aluminum bar is sitting on my desk as I type this. All I need are old endlinks (which I havent had time to pull off of the car) or endlink dimensions - hopefully someone has a set they can measure quickly.

Picture of the blanks - I haven't cut the 24 mm holes yet.

These were milled from 1" stock to 16mm thick to fit the kartboy bushings/hardware.

Hoping I have a 24mm sized bit or can use an indexed boring bar to get accurately sized holes for the bushings.

These are obviously not perfect, but will probably take me 3 hours MAX from start to finish and saved me $140.

endlinks2.jpg.98bf1b7790a0bef1a58a753c28c0a521.jpg

Archived