LegacyGT.com

Keeping Coilovers Tight?

Scrambles

I have Megan coilovers on my '05 LGT wagon. I could do without the harshness of the pillowball on some of our rougher roads, but beyond that I like them a lot... when they're not loose. Every two weeks, without fail, I will feel something "off" about the car on the highway, jack it up at home, and find the front driver's side spring perch rings to be completely loose. I torque the hell out of the things (I am 215 lbs and I push off against the wall of my garage and go to town on the wrenches with padded gloves until the nuts won't budge) and then two weeks later they are loose again.

What are my options for keeping these nuts snug against each other but still able to loosened in the future? It's hurting my relationship with my car :redface:

strange.. I have tein flex coilovers and I make the perch ring a little more than snug and never had an issue with them coming loose. Whenever I remove a wheel I do spray some wd40 around the perch just to keep them from seizing, but like I mentioned, I never had this issue before.

loctite sounds like it might work, but they could be a pita to loosen then.

Archived