LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Checking in....

05 LGT wagon 5mt 195,000 miles as of 1/5/15. Water/timing replaced at 175,000 just before I bought it. Original turbo, stage 2 Cobb, catless everything. Had it dumped after I bought it and registered 257hp and 274ft-lbs. Ran a 14.flat at the drag strip this last summer..

Currently I run a 50/50 blend of Shell T6/ Amsoil 0w30 with a OEM RX8 oil filter. For this winters set up I gathered some OEM wheels and plasti-dipped them bronze and they are holding up well. This spring will bring a new BOV GFB respons.

The JDM double din has been eluding me this far but that would be my final peice to making my car just the way i would like it.

Nice. Was this the first timing and water pump replacement done?

269k. mine is no longer a DD. I've parked it and purchased a commuter. it gets driven once or twice a week now.

I have to get it over to another mechanic for a second opinion. first told my oil leaks were because of a HG leak. but I have no symptoms of one. no radiator fluid in the oil, no blowing smoke....after 10k plus miles.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Currently at 230k still on the original clutch and turbo. Front lower control arm rear bushings have just about had it and make a racket over bumps. Just replaced the front rotors. Replaced the timing belt and all associated hardware at 210k.

You kept it! Good for you, and nice update @ 269k!

Where's Mike?

yep. cheaper to get a commuter and fix the legacy vs get a newer car. so i bought a sonic hatchback. loaded. 5MT non turbo. didn't need the turbo in this car...and it really doesn't do much for it. and in a couple years my son will be driving and it will most likely be his.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Moderators
269k. mine is no longer a DD. I've parked it and purchased a commuter. it gets driven once or twice a week now.

I have to get it over to another mechanic for a second opinion. first told my oil leaks were because of a HG leak. but I have no symptoms of one. no radiator fluid in the oil, no blowing smoke....after 10k plus miles.

Could the oil leak just be VCGs?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

maybe. second guy I talked to thought the same....but also said with that many miles, the seals could be leaking.

i don't know if I mentioned anywhere...but I sent an oil sample to blackstone labs. the results came back negative for coolant in the oil. In fact, they said they were a bit surprised how test came out considering how many miles were on it. and doubted there was a hg leak.

05 lgt 212xxx. Still going strong and gave 'back' to my old man to commute in. We've owned since 102xxx. Bought, salvaged, rebuilt, stage 2, back to stock now. He wants to do timing belt and replace the turbo with a younger one. I'm trying to talk him out of it.

Open to suggestions.

Still going strong on original turbo, clutch, intercooler, approaching 90k mi.

Course, I always shift by 4 k , eh?

Edited to delete remaining text, due to thread drift, and perhaps a change of heart.

Good idea on pics! Doh....;)

Edited by Lafta

I have it up for sale (in my area), but it's more a feeler at this point.

Any thoughts on this ad would be much appreciated!

I haven't had a single person interested, now after some 3 weeks since posting said, ad.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/4835084570.html

you need more pictures! front, sides, rear, inside, any mods that you can take pictures of take pictures. under the hood etc. If im looking for a car im going to want to see a good deal of it before i think of buying it. I tend to generally see ads with one picture or not showing a certain part of the car as trying to hide something

Just rolled over 170k mi on the wagon. Still going strong. >70k mi on stage 2. Recently rehab'd the starter (just in time for below 0 temps) and preemptively replaced the crank pulley. Oh, and forgot that I had to replace the radiator couple months back - the typical crack at the top... Edited by HDTurbo
forgot rad replace!!!

I have it up for sale (in my area), but it's more a feeler at this point.

Any thoughts on this ad would be much appreciated!

I haven't had a single person interested, now after some 3 weeks since posting said, ad.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/4835084570.html

you need more pictures! front, sides, rear, inside, any mods that you can take pictures of take pictures. under the hood etc. If im looking for a car im going to want to see a good deal of it before i think of buying it. I tend to generally see ads with one picture or not showing a certain part of the car as trying to hide something

Redslaya, I have not seen this car but have been PM'ing with Lafta for years. His is one well maintained car.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just turned 110K miles. I think I went stage 1 around 30-33K. Stage 3 (bnr16g + injectors + fuel + gutted OEM pipes) around 63k. So, almost 50K on the bnr16g. About to add Grimmspeed TMIC + CNT Racing catted DP for "one last bump". Hoping to get another 4-5 years out of it. Recently had valve cover gaskets done, will be replacing hubs/bearings soon.. And have the Free Range Racing replacement hoses, since I'm sure I have a lot of rubber getting old..

196k and shes DD'g it for the winter season in SE PA. The door jamb rust on the lower seams of the Drivers and Passenger's door is working its way to the other side. I love to drive this car, knocking on wood that I don't have to put it on a lift until May. I am sure, if that happens I will just buy the doors off car-part. The timing belt and accessories will have to be R&Rd. who knows, maybe this one makes it another year,, or not? hopefully it makes it to 200k!

'06. About to crest 95,000 miles. Waterpump and timing been done. Almost ready for turbo just to ease some oil consumption. not terrible yet, just dont want to have to worry about it. $450 is pretty cheap insurance considering an engine costs a lot more than that.

No rust yet.

97k....

- Turbo replaced at 60k (original owner heard a slight noise from it, replaced before kaboom)

- Throw out died at 87k- original owner killed it by driving 20 miles- traded it in

- PS valve cover sprung a leak at 96k, had the cover, valve lash, timing kit, water pump, UP, DP and Stg 2 at this point. Still messing with a jacked injector. Thinking about a pump.