LegacyGT.com

2007 LGT - Stock Up-Pipe - Catted or Catless?

Guest LGT-NY

Guest LGT-NY

I am trying to find out whether or not the 07 LGT stock up-pipe is catted or catless. Does anyone know?

I am about to go full Stage 2 with a Cobb access port and I don't want to run it if the stock up-pipe has a cat. If it does I will get an aftermarket catless.

Noone at subaru seems to have an answer for me.

• 5 weeks later...
yep, sucks for me, good for you

No its better for us...air pumps blow!

So the 08's are already catless then? I can't imagine much gains on swapping STi catless uppie in.

it would be an invaluable learning experience :lol:

where can an STi catless UP be found? and what years should i be looking for, as im going stage II in a few months, probably going to drop the 30 bucks on somebody else's gutted stock DP or another stock DP to gut myself on here so if i have to take to the stealership for warranty work I can switch back... dont feel like gutting UP myself

well, i'd have one for you, however I need the stock catted DP on the car now. So I'll be swapping with a yocal for their catted UP for my gutted one.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

hmm tempting but i think i want to keep mine around. ive seen stocks on here for like 30 bucks i can afford to wait too as im not in a rush to make the change since i dont yet have an AP (yes i know i could go open source but i want the AP so i can have multiple maps, at my fingertips. I have a summer place 6 hours away in upstate NY and cruse control on the NYS truway with the fuel economy map sounds quite nice... going to get the AP in a month or so go stage I then when i get the DP UP all set ill change up to stage II

somebody correct me if im wrong but stock STi UP pretty much looks same on the outside as stock legacy UP so if i have to switch back for warantee work I would only have to switch the DP back to a stock catted one? could leave the STI UP on there and probably wouldnt notice? The catless UP doesnt really affect performance other than quicker spool & just prevents the cat from being sucked into the turbo causing grenade of turbo?

somebody correct me if im wrong but stock STi UP pretty much looks same on the outside as stock legacy UP so if i have to switch back for warantee work I would only have to switch the DP back to a stock catted one? could leave the STI UP on there and probably wouldnt notice?
you can tell the difference if you know what you are doing ;)

The catless UP doesnt really affect performance other than quicker spool & just prevents the cat from being sucked into the turbo causing grenade of turbo?

Yes; quicker spool is relative ;)

with the STi up i could just claim it was on there when i bought it from the subaru dealership in MA, they only had the car for like 48 hours on their lot before i drove it home

yes you could lie :)

wtf are you doing at the dealership to start with?

its an IF... if i have to go in for powertrain warranty claims. im planning for the future in my setup. since cause of cost im going to be keeping stock turbo if i only have to swap DP and revert to stock tune (which is easy since APV2 is what ill be getting and it saves stock map) i should cover my ass pretty well if i have to make a claim in the future since im at like 34,000 miles and my bumper to bumper will end in lik 2k miles but powertrain goes to 60k

If they are doing a real warrantee claim, my guess is that they WILL look that closely. It's a different part number stamped on the outside. Not to mention, doesn't STi have the letters STi stamped somewhere near the flange?

My last car was a ho-hum Hyundai Elantra (hey, it was a car... lol)

The motor blew up at 32K after I had an accident. Car was repaired and certified OK, althought he oil pressure sensor was shot and reporting a false OK. Turns out, the oil was leaking and blew out on the highway one day. Never knew it. Low oil (read: no oil) in a hyundai = seized piston + rod threw through the oil pan + block cracked (IIRC). Hyundai has this 'amazing' 100,000 power train warrantee. Except they are all over it like flies on shiat. They combed the car up and down for discrepencies. Thank god the car was stock, but they ended up rejecting the claim based on the fact that I did my own oil changes. (EXCEPT for the post accident, I was on 2200 miles into it). Because I didn't bring it into them to do the service, they negated the claim. How did they get around that B.S? Because I didn't keep my old oil, or bring in samples.

I lost.

And they lost a customer.

Subaru has a good looking warrantee, but most of these warrantees require you bring it in to the dealership for the major 15's.

Hyundai's car cost me 10,500 in cash. That's why I bought it. I needed a car and it was there, I walked in, and out in 30 minutes with a car. Now, that car, if you bring it in for ALL it's recommended and required delaership checks... that 10,500 car is now an 18,000 car by the time you hit 100,000. They kinda get you on the back end.

I hope subbie isn't liek this.

hmm tempting but i think i want to keep mine around. ive seen stocks on here for like 30 bucks i can afford to wait too as im not in a rush to make the change since i dont yet have an AP (yes i know i could go open source but i want the AP so i can have multiple maps, at my fingertips. I have a summer place 6 hours away in upstate NY and cruse control on the NYS truway with the fuel economy map sounds quite nice... going to get the AP in a month or so go stage I then when i get the DP UP all set ill change up to stage II

somebody correct me if im wrong but stock STi UP pretty much looks same on the outside as stock legacy UP so if i have to switch back for warantee work I would only have to switch the DP back to a stock catted one? could leave the STI UP on there and probably wouldnt notice? The catless UP doesnt really affect performance other than quicker spool & just prevents the cat from being sucked into the turbo causing grenade of turbo?

I did bring it in for the 30k mile service, wouldnt be that big a deal to swap pipes for the 45, if you save all recipts for your work you do yourself or have done somewhere else they are supposed to honor it

Archived