LegacyGT.com

unable to clean glass

i'm having difficulty cleaning my windshield. it is clean however, whenever it fogs up, i can see writing on my glass, something from the factory. it's really annoying because i know my glass is clean, or is it? i'm having the same issue with my impreza. the previous owner had stickers on the backwindow. i cleaned it off and yet when it fogs up i can see squares where the stickers were. is the glass somehow etched or changed in some way? i've tried different kind of cleaners. also tried steel wool and no luck.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4744/img00294gb9.jpg

its the inside. in between classes i nap, study, eat, listen to music, etc in my car; and when the glass fogs up, i always see the writing on the top left corner of my windshield. its annoying as hell. this has to be common, no? or am i the first to notice?

If stoners doesnt work trade in the car ;)

...or you could just throw a rock at your windsheild then file an insurance claim and have it replaced.

~2 years ago I had my windows tinted and the tint shop gave me a free sample of Aquapel. It was a self-contained applicator package and when I first cracked it over the windshield it dripped a bit. I then proceeded to apply the product as instructed.

2 years later and I can still see where the drips landed whenever it rains or there is excessive moisture on the windshield. I'm thinking it must have etched the glass because I can't imagine the aquapel having lasted this long.

Stoners

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/G_28966G_SW_1.jpg

/thread

stoners is relatively good, but it's not the end of the world.

sounds like maybe the dealer used one of those greasy crayons on it -- i will say i find eliminating grease is not one of stoners' strong points. never used it, but heard that goo gone works well in some situations.

naptha (zippo) lighter fluid is very good for wiping out adhesives; maybe try that on the sticker marks. of course you'll need to redo them with a real cleaner after using a petroleum like that.

good luck.

stoners is relatively good, but it's not the end of the world.

sounds like maybe the dealer used one of those greasy crayons on it -- i will say i find eliminating grease is not one of stoners' strong points. never used it, but heard that goo gone works well in some situations.

naptha (zippo) lighter fluid is very good for wiping out adhesives; maybe try that on the sticker marks. of course you'll need to redo them with a real cleaner after using a petroleum like that.

good luck.

Good idea, maybe something like mineral spirits would do the trick, or maybe goof-off.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived